Reload this Page >

Meetup in Auckland anyone?

Meetup in Auckland anyone?

Old Feb 16th 2014, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

bluespidermonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Meetup in Auckland anyone?

Hi All,

I'm British - been in NZ for about 8 months. Living in Auckland and working in South Auckland. Have a kiwi partner and have been to a few actual 'meet-up' meet ups. But so far have not really made many friends to hang out with, all kind of friends of my partner/ random ships that pass in the night people. (and my job isn't really one where I can get too friendly with my staff as I manage most of them and it gets complicated).

So - does anyone fancy meeting up in Auckland for a coffee/pint/film/wander round silo park market/ lunch/ brunch/ dog walk/ picnic/ museum visit/ concert/ stich n bitch - basically absolutely anything where we have a chat and do something that isn't work

I work in the day (and am starting my own business so work some evenings and weekends too) but have a few week day evenings free and the occasional sat night/ sunday morning.

Let me know.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 8:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Meetup in Auckland anyone?

Hi and welcome to our teeny NZ forum.

Hopefully the Auckland lot will be along soon.

What business are you setting up?
Old Feb 16th 2014, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi!

My partner is a chef and we are in the process of setting up a food truck

very busy but exciting times.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

Hello!

We'll be landing in Auckland on the 13th March - very excited!
My OH's job is based in South Auckland too so it may be quite lovely to meet up as I won't know the area at all

Good news on your business too!
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Hope you have a good journey over!
Where abouts in South Auckland is your husband going to be?

Let me know when you are here and settled and we can put some dates in
Old Feb 19th 2014, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute

We are living in Onehunga and, potentially, about to move to South Auckland proper. Been in NZ for 3 years and AKL 6 months. Let us know the plan for a meet and we're in!
Old Feb 20th 2014, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Becki000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit early but me and my partner are moving to Auckland on a WHV in October this year and so will be looking to meet people and find work Will be staying on british expat site and keep a look out for any meet ups around the time
Old Feb 21st 2014, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

OH will be based in East Tamaki and that's where his company are putting us up for the first four weeks
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

I currently work in Otara and live in Western Springs in west Auckland - so either place to meet up good for me.

Shall we put a date in for march? Say Tuesday 11th - late aft/ eveningish after work. Flexible on the where.

Anyone coming? Coffee/ wine/ chat/ dinner - whatever works!

To those of you on your way here - hit me up for meeting up when you arrive!
Old Feb 27th 2014, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluespidermonkey
I'm British - been in NZ for about 8 months. Living in Auckland and working in South Auckland. Have a kiwi partner ...
Aside from the working in South Auckland (I live and work in Freemans Bay) the above is almost identical to my own situation. Obviously there is a bit more to it than that.

We've got a 3 year old and I tend to take the kid out for coffee* of a Saturday morning. Usually around Ponsonby but happy to travel, but Saturday morning for a brunch of coffee would be easiest to arrange for me

Let me know if you're keen.

*Obviously she doesn't actually drink coffee
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:47 am
Just Joined

yes - Ponsonby coffee brunch sounds awesome. PM me and we can do things with diaries. XD
Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

I'll get in on the next one then as we land on the 13th
Old Mar 5th 2014, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Sounds great Helen - happy flying!
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Christmas2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Meetup in Auckland anyone?

I'm up for a meet up. I live in Auckland CBD so central would be good, I'm not working so most times suit.
Let's get something arranged.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Hi Christmas,
me and TommyLuck are meeting up Saturday at 11am if you are around?
pm me for details
also - saw your other post. I have a dog and a kitten if you want some pet therapy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.