Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Meet-up - something slightly different

Meet-up - something slightly different

Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:51 am
Just Joined

tramper is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Meet-up - something slightly different

Hi all - I realise the norm is to meet up at the nearest watering hole (Craig, Tom, Mel, Ken & co - you know who I'm talking about) but for something a little different I've organised a nice walk through some of our lovely city (that's Auckland if you're wondering). It's not at all demanding - have a look at http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/what...oast/index.asp for details.

When: Sunday 13th November
Meet at bus stop in Onehunga (nr 12 Church Road, stop 8477)
Get 348 bus from CBD - 55 Customs St. East, Stop 7019 at 9:10am

And in case you think that sounds dull, it's a good way of seeing some of the nicer bits of the city and it's not at all demanding (really) - and there's plenty of coffee shops along the way and I'm sure a bar at the end!

You need trainers, waterproof, water, snacks and a packed lunch.

Let me know if you're up for it. Bob (AKA tramper).
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Meet-up - something slightly different

Just noticed I'm showing my location as Wellington - shows how long since I used this forum - definitely in Auckland!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Meet-up - something slightly different

I live in Nelson but will be with you in spirit..great idea....don't forget your shades
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:22 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Nice idea, but I also am in Nelson now otherwise I would have been keen
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Monde is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tramper View Post
Hi all - I realise the norm is to meet up at the nearest watering hole (Craig, Tom, Mel, Ken & co - you know who I'm talking about)
Sorry to intrude on your Thread but I cannot PM you....too new

I (35 year old Male) am currently in Auckland and have arrived by myself looking for gainful employment. Been here a week and have an apartment in the CBD. Was wondering if you guys are going out and meeting up as I could REALLY use a night out and am not the biggest alone drinker.

Oh and unfortunately I am not a Brit but this seems to be the only active Forum of people meeting out in Auckland.......so you can tell me to go away for being a spy
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:32 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monde View Post
Sorry to intrude on your Thread but I cannot PM you....too new

I (35 year old Male) am currently in Auckland and have arrived by myself looking for gainful employment. Been here a week and have an apartment in the CBD. Was wondering if you guys are going out and meeting up as I could REALLY use a night out and am not the biggest alone drinker.

Oh and unfortunately I am not a Brit but this seems to be the only active Forum of people meeting out in Auckland.......so you can tell me to go away for being a spy
You don't have to be a Brit to be welcome on BE.

Welcome .
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:12 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
You don't have to be a Brit to be welcome on BE.

Welcome .
This is true, being slightly bonkers helps though ...
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Monde is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah View Post
This is true, being slightly bonkers helps though ...
Well all good then. Coming here all alone, not knowing a single soul should count as a little mad.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:09 am
Just Joined

ronanz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Bob. Normally would have been up for it but I'm working all weekend.... SPCA annual street appeal! Mike and I are going out in Ponsonby if you're interested. Rona
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Meet-up - something slightly different

Monde - all welcome at any time. Keep your eyes open and we'll sort a drink soon.

Rona - no problem - hope you have a good day - catch up soon.