Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

meet up on the North Shore

meet up on the North Shore

Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Default meet up on the North Shore

New to Auckland need to get out and meet people any one up for a meet up with Kids on the North Shore for a coffee one weekend?
thoughts are the cafe in Browns bay you can sit outside Kids can play in park opposite!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Re: meet up on the North Shore

Hi Janeyk

My husband and I are heading over to north shore in two weeks, how long have you been there? Oh and is it nice? ha ha... never been to the north island! Just started our two week countdown and its all getting very real and very scary I have a feeling my sleepless nights are not going to be improving in the near future! Be great to hear anything you have to tell me about the area.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

we have been in auckland 4 weeks 2 in the North Shore and loving it! its beautiful I feel privaleged to live in such a nice place, where will you be working? I am slowly getting used to the traffic but if I want to live in a nice place I have to accept a little pain thats my philosophy anyway
You could spend all your time on the shore as it has everything you need, I have a 9 year old and next month he is off to see the All whites (national soccer team) play at the stadium 5 mins away in Albany,
Albany is a new suburb has everything you need still growing reminds me a little of Milton Keynes but a little smaller!

Last edited by janeyk; Sep 11th 2010 at 8:55 am.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Is the traffic really bad then My husband will be working for a company based in Northcote i think but he is going to be a mobile engineer as far as i know. We have rented a small apartment in Albany for a month when we arrive so hopefully we will be able to find somewhere that will accept our dog Bert. My Lee will be very excited to know that he can go a see a footie match so close to where we will be staying

I have heard its a lovely area but at the moment I'm just a bit overwhelmed with it all... last week I was excited, this week I'm nervous and who knows how I'll feel next week Great to be in contact with someone in the area though

Where abouts are you from in the UK? We're heading over from Essex
Old Sep 12th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Northcote is the southern tip, when do you need accom from do you need it furnished only ask as we are in holiday accom in torbay with a dog and its fine the only other place was in Northcote but right under the motorway flyover unfurnishe dI do not know as we are in the process of buying somewhere
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Hi Lee Lee,

Whereabouts in Essex are you coming from?

I am going to Browns Bay in the next week or so, so if anyone up for a coffee I would more than welcome it as we are house hunting at the moment as Landlord selling this house.

Debs
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

pedro0811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey you all!!

We have been in NZ for nearly 6 weeks now and staying with some friends. We have been furiously house hunting but nothing as yet!!!! However, we do need to give our friends a bit of a break so if you know of any short term rentals that would be really great. We are looking to buy on the North Shore and funnily enough was in a Cafe at Browns Bay the other day that overlooked the park perhaps it is the same one you are talking about. I have 2 daughters; 7 years and 4 years and as yet, I haven't been able to get my 7 year old into school as I don't have a permanent address Anyway, would be great to meet up with you all - just let me know a time and date and we'll be there!!!!

Take care of you all.......by the way we moved out from Kent, so not too far from Essex and you'll love it out here!!!

Love

Julie
xxx
ps Debs cannot believe your landlord is selling!!!! Are you staying near Laingholm or venturing further afield???