British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Meet up with kids in Chch/North Canterbury (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/meet-up-kids-chch-north-canterbury-672107/)

kiwichick36 Jun 12th 2010 7:35 am

Meet up with kids in Chch/North Canterbury

Hi
I've been back living in NZ for the last year and since then have been working fulltime but last week my husband got a full time job and I can go back to being part-time!!! Can't wait!!! We had a swap in roles and he was looking after the kids while I worked. Have never had a chance to meet many people with kids in the area and wonder if there is anyone interested in meeting up for coffee and chat and letting the kids play. I have two little boys who are 3 yrs and the my youngest is 2 next week. Live in Waikuku (near Rangiora) but am in Chch regulary. Be great to hear from anyone!!
:)

alanmacc Jun 18th 2010 1:17 am

Re: Meet up with kids in Chch/North Canterbury

Originally Posted by kiwichick36 (Post 8627926)
Hi
I've been back living in NZ for the last year and since then have been working fulltime but last week my husband got a full time job and I can go back to being part-time!!! Can't wait!!! We had a swap in roles and he was looking after the kids while I worked. Have never had a chance to meet many people with kids in the area and wonder if there is anyone interested in meeting up for coffee and chat and letting the kids play. I have two little boys who are 3 yrs and the my youngest is 2 next week. Live in Waikuku (near Rangiora) but am in Chch regulary. Be great to hear from anyone!!

Surprised you had no replies unless they were all pm's

Jan n Neil Jun 20th 2010 7:29 am

We got no kids but u are welcome :thumbup: we do have 4 dogs they can play with

we are in Mandeville so only down the road

Neil

saoghalbeag Aug 1st 2010 12:24 am

I have just moved to ChCh with my 4 yo daughter...all a bit crazy at the moment - no house, no job, no car (feel like a gypsy!!) but we are keen to hear of any playgroup/mum's groups etc around ChCh!

saoghalbeag Aug 14th 2010 9:28 am

*bump* we are a bit more settled in ChCh now - have a house! but no luck with playgroups etc yet - most seemed aimed at much younger kids as I guess most 4/5 year olds are at preschool/school. We are off to the Storylines book thing at the Town Hall tomorrow but if anyone knows any more regular fun stuff for 4 (nearly 5) year olds in ChCh (dance/music classes, football (ie: soccer) or anything, we would love to hear!! :)

Krustalia Sep 2nd 2010 10:59 am

Originally Posted by kiwichick36 (Post 8627926)
Hi

Hi
We're moving to NZ on September 25th, and are renting a holiday let in Waikuku Beach for the first few weeks. We've just signed a lease on a rental property in Rangiora - so will be there as soon as our container gets unloaded into it!

We have two little boys two - very similar in ages to yours. Older one will be 3 on September 18th, and younger 2 in November.

Would love to meet up when we get to your side of the world - try out some coffee and play areas locally?

Send me a message
Kirstie