Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Meet up in Howick area

Meet up in Howick area

Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Norma D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meet up in Howick area

Hi, Anyone up for a coffee/beer weeknights or weekends in Howick area - I've been here for 8 months and looking to make some english friends.

Norma
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

The harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really nice
Default Re: Meet up in Howick area

Hi Norma, sorry you missed our previous get together. I'm free anytime at the moment but prefer daytime if that's good for you, just let me know.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Norma D is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thats a shame, but can't do day time hours as work full time M-F so evenings or day time on weekends are best for me. I will keep an eye on posting anyways as really would like to meet some other english folks in Botany/Howick area. Cheers
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

C4udynz is an unknown quantity at this point

Will Welsh ones do?!
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

The harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really nice

Hi Norma, although I prefer the day, I don't mind meeting up in the evening anytime. I'm originally from Wales as well, so if you fancy popping along as well the more the merrier!
Old May 4th 2011, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Moving to the area on 10th May, I'm from llanelli, Hubby, Bridgend and we were living in Penclawdd before we moved!
Old May 5th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

We used to live and work in Bodelwyddan and St Asaph in North Wales. We both trained as Registered nurses and after qualifying my Husband joined the Army. We decided after 20 years that we'd had enough, so we left and thought we'd have a bit of an adventure in NZ. We've been here since September 2009 and lets just say it's been a bit of a roller coaster ride! Where are you at the moment and how long have you been here?
Old May 5th 2011, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The harrisons
We used to live and work in Bodelwyddan and St Asaph in North Wales. We both trained as Registered nurses and after qualifying my Husband joined the Army. We decided after 20 years that we'd had enough, so we left and thought we'd have a bit of an adventure in NZ. We've been here since September 2009 and lets just say it's been a bit of a roller coaster ride! Where are you at the moment and how long have you been here?
Just realised I'm talking to you on two threads! Been here 2 weeks. We are both teachers. We thought we'd move before the eldest moved to comp. Also my school is merging so it was a chance to get out and take redundancy. Havn't sold our house in the UK which is stressful, have tennants in at the moment which i'm not enjoying
Do you or the children speak Welsh?!