Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Meet up, Christchurch 15th May 7.45pm

Meet up, Christchurch 15th May 7.45pm

Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meet up, Christchurch 15th May 7.45pm

Hi all,
I'm looking for some new members for our little club in Christchurch. Ever heard of Round Table? We are an international movement for men and their families aged 18-45. We aren't a secret society and we don't do funny handshakes.

If you fancy meeting up a couple of times and month and chilling out with like minded blokes and perhaps doing some community work a couple of times a year then read on.

Christchurch Round Table was formed in 1953 and had the honour of being the first club in New Zealand. Sadly it was mothballed a few years ago. I have been a member in the UK for about 7 years and am very keen to restart Chch No.1.

As members of this club we encourage fun, friendship and fellowship. You will meet other people from different walks of life working in different professions and trades.

In the UK I've tried gliding, karts, quad bikes, MBK, kayaking, shooting, archery, martial arts night, cookery lessons, golf, surfing, scuba diving, cycle pub crawls, brewery tours, poker nights, whisky tasting. Last year I even found myself going round Spa Francorchamps doing 180mph in a Ferrari 355, courtesy of Liege Round Table, Belgium.

We also encourage our wives and girlfriends to meet up and have their own social nights away from the boys. Occasionally everyone meets up for a mixed social event which could just be taking the kids for a walk on the beach, formal dinner or charity ball.

Meetings are usually two Tuesdays nights a month and won't involve a late night or excessive alcohol. We are open to all nationalities and are non religious and not political.

If your interested or know somebody that might be and want a varied social life then send me a message and I'd be happy to elaborate.

Regards,
Mark Smith.
Old May 15th 2012, 3:39 am
Banned

Kiwikid will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Meet up, Christchurch 15th May 7.45pm

Gidday Mark, sounds great, good luck with everything!
Old May 15th 2012, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Upset13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiwikid View Post
Gidday Mark, sounds great, good luck with everything!
Sounds great! Hope I'll have the chance to meet you guys soon.
Cheers,
Razvan
Old May 18th 2012, 9:36 am
Just Joined

hebkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
Hi all,
I'm looking for some new members for our little club in Christchurch. Ever heard of Round Table? We are an international movement for men and their families aged 18-45. We aren't a secret society and we don't do funny handshakes.

If you fancy meeting up a couple of times and month and chilling out with like minded blokes and perhaps doing some community work a couple of times a year then read on.

Christchurch Round Table was formed in 1953 and had the honour of being the first club in New Zealand. Sadly it was mothballed a few years ago. I have been a member in the UK for about 7 years and am very keen to restart Chch No.1.

As members of this club we encourage fun, friendship and fellowship. You will meet other people from different walks of life working in different professions and trades.

In the UK I've tried gliding, karts, quad bikes, MBK, kayaking, shooting, archery, martial arts night, cookery lessons, golf, surfing, scuba diving, cycle pub crawls, brewery tours, poker nights, whisky tasting. Last year I even found myself going round Spa Francorchamps doing 180mph in a Ferrari 355, courtesy of Liege Round Table, Belgium.

We also encourage our wives and girlfriends to meet up and have their own social nights away from the boys. Occasionally everyone meets up for a mixed social event which could just be taking the kids for a walk on the beach, formal dinner or charity ball.

Meetings are usually two Tuesdays nights a month and won't involve a late night or excessive alcohol. We are open to all nationalities and are non religious and not political.

If your interested or know somebody that might be and want a varied social life then send me a message and I'd be happy to elaborate.

Regards,
Mark Smith.
Sorry I have missed the meet up date but if there are others I would be interested. I have just moved over here with my partner so we are always looking for new ways to meet people. Thanks Gareth