Medicines

Old Jul 1st 2014, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

GSAI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicines

Hi All

Visa Application submitted and all ok except that my wife's medical has been referred to a medical assessor. She doesn't have any sort of chronic illness, only minor issues, so I don't see this been a problem, just more of a procedure that INZ face.

I have a question on medicines....

In the shipment of my personal goods etc, medicines imported into NZ need a prescription but if I were to take some in my hand luggage is this treated the same?

With the 28hr flight, we were planning on taking some medicines especially if the kids come down with any illness / stomach bugs plus my wife will have her clexane injections.

Any help would be appreciated, we are due to fly in less than a month, exciting times.....

Kind regards
Old Jul 1st 2014, 7:23 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicines

my daughter was on medication for CVS and our Dr just wrote a letter stating what it was prescribed for. My asthma pumps went through all ok in hand luggage and some of my pumps in the suitcases.

My daughters and mine medical where both referred and took a couple of weeks to come back. so hopefully they come back in time as my understanding if something on the application needs more work then the process stops until that part has been cleared up.

have you booked return flights??
Old Jul 1st 2014, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks for the speedy response, I think to be safe, just obtain a Dr's note for pure satisfaction reasons.

We have a one way tickets, leaving in 4 weeks so I am hopeful that all can be done in time as all applications are fine, they have all the required documents, they just need the MA report and we are good to go.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 7:36 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

love your confidence, but if you don't get the visa approved in time you will not be able to enter NZ on a one way ticket.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

I have to stay confident

The fact that my application is under the LTSSL with an Accredited Employer is kind of giving me some degree of optimism / hope.

If Visas don't arrive in time, I will shift the flights accordingly, I wont travel without visa security.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I travel with prescription medicines, I make sure they're in the box that has my name on it. You should be fine with over the counter stuff, just keep it in the original packaging.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Northern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of light

The assumption has to be, what would you normally travel with? a supply of necessary meds would be normal if you were coming as a tourist?
a copy of a prescription would be useful, especially of something unusual/ controlled? (especially if routing through a middle eastern country).

Common sense applies.... enough to see you through with the obvious essentials on the basis you have needs covered until a GP etc can be arranged at the other end?
Old Jul 1st 2014, 9:52 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

I brought in a 3 months supply of medication that I had to buy privately with a prescription from my GP. He provided me with a covering letter for NZ customs stating what the medication was and why I was carrying it.