Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

medication for anxiety will they let me in

medication for anxiety will they let me in

Old Nov 26th 2008, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

bogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nice
Default medication for anxiety will they let me in

Help, my doctor says not a problem lots of people are on them. The medical assessors requested a revised report from the doctor for what I'm taking and more details of condition. If I didn't have a difficult mum I wouldn't need to take them. Its only a low dose will I be refused entry? This shall take another two weeks to be assessed. OH already in NZ and I wanted to book the shipping next week as the rented house is up on the 6th. Do I go ahead or book a place in cardboard city for the kids and I? Anyone been here!!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medication for anxiety will they let me in

Originally Posted by bogwopit
Help, my doctor says not a problem lots of people are on them. The medical assessors requested a revised report from the doctor for what I'm taking and more details of condition. If I didn't have a difficult mum I wouldn't need to take them. Its only a low dose will I be refused entry? This shall take another two weeks to be assessed. OH already in NZ and I wanted to book the shipping next week as the rented house is up on the 6th. Do I go ahead or book a place in cardboard city for the kids and I? Anyone been here!!
I hope they do let you in, there are lots of people who need medication for anxiety me included a long time ago although I wasn't on any when I came to emigrate. Maybe if you can prove it is only in the short term and not a serious thing that they will show some empathy towards this. Sorry I cannot be more helpful and concrete in my reply, but you are not alone in this I can assure you. Mum's eh they have a lot to answer for some of them don't they. Keep smiling and stay positive.

Last edited by shirl; Nov 26th 2008 at 11:32 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

ohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really nice

OH was on long term meds for anxiety when we moved to NZ and it wasn't an issue. You don't need to worry
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

bogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nice

Thanks to both of you, visa arrived today without going to medical assessor. Booked flights for the 10th shall see hubby for xmass
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to both of you, visa arrived today without going to medical assessor. Booked flights for the 10th shall see hubby for xmass
Yippee Great News you must be ecstatic. WELL DONE. Have a realy safe trip and a great Christmas and New Year.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I always love good news.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:20 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - I bet that's calmed the nerves a bit.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

Ironically, the stress of moving here and/or settling in can leave people with anxiety & depression requiring medical treatment It shouldn't hamper your application. The family had various minor medical issues, none of which affected our application