Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Medicare - re travel insurance

Medicare - re travel insurance

Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:04 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Medicare - re travel insurance

Hi

I am in need of some help (no sarcastic comments pls)

My parents are coming over to visit in Jan 08 and my dad suffers from MND. He has been told by his travel insurance provider to registar with Medicare upon his arival in NZ. But I have looked and I can't find a website - or indeed any info on Medicare in NZ.

Does anybody have any experience in this area?

Adie
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicare - re travel insurance

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Hi

I am in need of some help (no sarcastic comments pls)

My parents are coming over to visit in Jan 08 and my dad suffers from MND. He has been told by his travel insurance provider to registar with Medicare upon his arival in NZ. But I have looked and I can't find a website - or indeed any info on Medicare in NZ.

Does anybody have any experience in this area?

Adie
medicare is australian...as far as I know..i know this doesnt help you but get him to check they have the right country
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:19 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kwprwn
medicare is australian...as far as I know..i know this doesnt help you but get him to check they have the right country
Thanks,

This was what I thought.

Cheers
Adie
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:34 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct advice but for the wrong country, unfortunately. Australia has reciprocal healthcare arrangements with the UK for immediate health care needs and visitors/temp entrants can apply for a medicare card on arrival.

Best get it sorted with the insurance company.