Medicals for sponsored Visa

Medicals for sponsored Visa

Old Sep 13th 2019, 5:27 am
Just Joined

UKTONZ2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals for sponsored Visa

Hi all,

My family and I are looking at emigrating to NZ
I've been offered a position in tauranga.
have any of you experience in the medical test that is required for the visa application.
Ive suffered with kidney stones in the past
and my wife suffers from depression.

Would any of these go against us getting our visas approved?
thanks for your time
Old Sep 13th 2019, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Verdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals for sponsored Visa

In regards to the medicals: Kidney stones aren't really going to cause a problem unless it's related to an ongoing chronic medical condition. Depression and anxiety are very common conditions that more and more people have been treated for, so neither is problematic. They may ask when she was last treated and whether she has ever been hospitalised, which would be classed as severe but generally speaking, unless she is currently very unwell due to depression then it will be fine. We were worried about the medicals but these are really the easiest part of the process.

It's worth being aware that moving abroad is more than likely to exacerbate depression or anxiety due to the associated stress, loneliness or homesickness so best be prepared with anti-blue busting strategies such as staying busy, active and sociable, which i realise is easier said than done when you're in the thick of it. Treating it as a holiday with no end date can be helpful to alleviate the fear. All the best.

Last edited by Verdant; Sep 14th 2019 at 12:22 am.