Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

medicals - (non-silent) doctors in wellington

medicals - (non-silent) doctors in wellington

Old May 17th 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light
Default medicals - (non-silent) doctors in wellington

Hi
we now have our ITA and I started ringing around doctors in Wellington. Or at least I just rang one and the phone was answered with
'hello?'
me: 'is that the medical centre?'
him: "it's doctor such and such'
Me: ..proceeds to go into detail about wanting medical for residency application
him: silence, although there was still a person on the other end
Me: 'can you hear me?'
him:...nothing! Very odd.

Maybe I can get more sense here - just looking for recommended docs and any fluctuations in prices,

cheers,
Andy
Old May 17th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals - (non-silent) doctors in wellington

I don't know if you work in the CBD but there is a medical centre dealing with immigration medicals, bloods and xray on The Terrace (50).

I had my medical ($150) done at my gp in Ngaio, the bloods (from $150) done on the Terrace and the xray ($98) done at Pacific radiology on Lambton Quay.
Old May 18th 2008, 9:10 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't help at all other than to say we used to have a receptionist who did that! It drove us all bonkers. Especially since he didn't do it all the time. He would just put people on hold if he didn't know the answer. I suggested that he may wish to tell people he has put them on hold.

Sorry, just had to share. very odd behaviour.
Old May 19th 2008, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

Odd behaviour indeed. I came the conclusion that, as I was ringing late on a Saturday, the real Doctors had gone home and this was a cleaner just pretending - a bit like Peggy in Hi De Hi who had a yearning to be a redcoat.

Cappucino - so I'd be looking at around $450 per adult then? My understanding is that you can shop around, although I have been told that prices for PR medicals can be set higher than normal, so a little confused
Old May 19th 2008, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeys

Cappucino - so I'd be looking at around $450 per adult then? My understanding is that you can shop around, although I have been told that prices for PR medicals can be set higher than normal, so a little confused
from $400 yes, but I guess you could shop around, I didn't have the time! I used my gp (near home) and radiographer/bloods close to my work so I didn't need to take time off work.

btw the (50) related to the building number on The Terrace!