Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Medicals in New Zealand

Medicals in New Zealand

Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Default Medicals in New Zealand

A brief question......

Our ITA arrived today - and we may be flying out to Wellington for a couple of weeks for a reccie real soon. Would it be possible for us to have our medicals done out there for submission to the London Office? has anyone done this before - some advice please?

LiffyB
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals in New Zealand

I'd ask this on the NZIS website if I were you.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Luvwelly - I'll try that. Not much of a choice in the area we live (Devon) with regards to those on the panel - and those that are are preety pricey - unless someone knows differently!

Liff
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:57 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LiffyB
Thanks Luvwelly - I'll try that. Not much of a choice in the area we live (Devon) with regards to those on the panel - and those that are are preety pricey - unless someone knows differently!

Liff
Hi, agree there doesnt seem many to choose from here in south west, I contacted the surgery nearest to me which is on NZIS list ... they said they only do medicals for OZ! Phoned another two and of those the Tavistock one was the cheapest.
I think there is one near (or at Heathrow, ad in OZ/NZ mag) if you're flying from there might be worth trying to combine with medical, if charges not too outrageous!
If you don't mind sharing info would be interested in charges quoted and hearing where you do choose to get them done, your experience etc ..... ?
Good luck
B x

Last edited by MnB; Jun 14th 2009 at 9:58 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

MnB - how much were you quoted for the Tavistock one if you don't mind me asking? we enquired last year and at the time it was one of the more expensive ones. We found that flying over to Dublin was more cost effective plus we got a trip out of it.

If we find somewhere I'll let you know!

Liff
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:20 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LiffyB
MnB - how much were you quoted for the Tavistock one if you don't mind me asking? we enquired last year and at the time it was one of the more expensive ones. We found that flying over to Dublin was more cost effective plus we got a trip out of it.

If we find somewhere I'll let you know!

Liff
Hi Liff
Tavistock quoted: £135 for medical,£105 for bloods + £100 for X-Ray, when I phoned a month or so ago they said that they were currently doing all medicals at Nuffield in Plymouth because surgery had suffered flood damage, dont know when this will change though ... they book them for either a Tues or Thurs am.
I can get X-Ray done at local hospital for £87 with panel radiologist and was told that I would be able to take this with me to medical ...saves £13...helps a bit.
Other surgery was Yeovil, they charge extortionate £200 for bloods, £120 for medicals and £5 postage, do them Tues + Fri am.
Have thought might give Cardiff a try .... not much longer for us than Plymouth.
Hope this helps.
B x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

If you can establish that it is ok to have one done in Wellington for submission via UK, then it may well be a good idea.
You can go to any doctor willing to do it in NZ rather than a panel doctor. Doctors in the CBD will treat tourists...other GPs probably would do it but I know some only do Visa medicals for registered patients.
I am considering renewing visa at moment and have been quoted $205 for medical (I am a registered patient), Chest x-ray $101.70 (pacific radiology) ; bloods?...no idea I'm afraid but you go to Aotea Pathology which has 3 locations in Central Wellington including one in CBD on the Terrace.
Hope this helps with figures. I'll post bloods figure when I find it out.

Last edited by luvwelly; Jun 15th 2009 at 7:17 am.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Such a difference in price! Lill' Sis says that she knows somewhere in the Hutts that does them as well - so if we do fly out for a reccie I think that may be the best option for us. Seems like a licence to print money in the UK! the bloods I get done every 6 months or so at the docs include most of the checks that the medical requires and I get them free on the NHS.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

sary is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting my done with the Tavistock lot in Plymouth this week. It is all being done at the Nuffield easy peasy. Yes, granted it is costly, but might be easier to follow up with on the visa application should their be any complications. Fingers crossed there won't be!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Let us know how you get on!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

sary is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been a human photo and pin cushion for my medicals in Plymouth at the Nuffield. It was SOOO easy. I had my xray taken, then wandered down the corridor for my medicals and bloods. Really nice doctor who did the medical. Hopefully it should be ready in about 10 days.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:09 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by sary
Just been a human photo and pin cushion for my medicals in Plymouth at the Nuffield. It was SOOO easy. I had my xray taken, then wandered down the corridor for my medicals and bloods. Really nice doctor who did the medical. Hopefully it should be ready in about 10 days.
for results! thanks for update, keep us posted.
B x
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sary
I'm getting my done with the Tavistock lot in Plymouth this week. It is all being done at the Nuffield easy peasy. Yes, granted it is costly, but might be easier to follow up with on the visa application should their be any complications. Fingers crossed there won't be!
Would you mind saying how much they charge? Will be my local panel docs too
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:24 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Would you mind saying how much they charge? Will be my local panel docs too
Hi - just in case sary doesn't see your ? see my previous post 14.6.09 (above) re quotes I was given for same Doctors a month or so ago, dont remember cost of x-rays there as I was thinking I would get them done at local hosp (on list NZIS) Hope this helps ...... interested to hear how you get on ... thats if you dont mind telling!
B x
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi - just in case sary doesn't see your ? see my previous post 14.6.09 (above) re quotes I was given for same Doctors a month or so ago, dont remember cost of x-rays there as I was thinking I would get them done at local hosp (on list NZIS) Hope this helps ...... interested to hear how you get on ... thats if you dont mind telling!
B x
Sorry was having a quick wizz around and didn't bother to read back very far our medicals may be a way off yet but like to keep all info to hand, thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.