Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

MEDICALS - EASY OR HARD?

MEDICALS - EASY OR HARD?

Old May 8th 2010, 3:14 pm
Imz
Forum Regular

Imz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant future
Default MEDICALS - EASY OR HARD?

Hi All,

I have my medicals next week - are there any people on here who had difficulty passing them. Any advice about what I should eat or drink leading up to the test? Should i lay off the booze for a week? or start eating healthy? I understand they test you BMI your liver or heart etc etc etc

Thanks
Imz
Old May 8th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MEDICALS - EASY OR HARD?

If they are next week probably a bit late to start eating healthily . They will measure your waist and depending on the measurement may need to do a blood test. If you know you are near or over that limit, you are best off fasting so they can do the blood test there and then. Apart from that, providing you are in good health, all should be fine!
Hope it goes well.
Old May 9th 2010, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

They are not expecting you to be an olympic athlete.
I drink, smoke 20 a day and do zero excercise, i eat loads of fatty foods,love big macs and pizzas.
I cant touch my toes, wear glasses and have suffered most of the man problems
associated with middle age.
I romped it.
Dont worry
Old May 9th 2010, 11:08 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
They are not expecting you to be an olympic athlete.
I drink, smoke 20 a day and do zero excercise, i eat loads of fatty foods,love big macs and pizzas.
I cant touch my toes, wear glasses and have suffered most of the man problems
associated with middle age.
I romped it.
Dont worry
explains a lot!!

sorry Col.....couldn't resist
Old May 9th 2010, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

You might be more healthier than you think you are.
Old May 10th 2010, 5:00 pm
Imz
Forum Regular

Imz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant future

Lets hope so -thanks for your support guys¬!
Old May 10th 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

"I cant touch my toes, wear glasses and have suffered most of the man problems
associated with middle age."

Thats because your toes are too far away - and all 'men' suffer with'man' problems - its what makes them 'men' - just some of em have bigger problems that others haha

If its any help IMZ we had our medicals last July - none of us over weight or particularly old

We both had blood tests, we had ours first thing in the morning so we just didnt eat or drink anything from tea time the day before (skipping breakfast is easy enough) We all (kids included) had urine tests - all except me were fine - i had to follow up with GP and get another sample done the day after. Both me and OH had xrays on chest - checking for TB i believe. I have a slight curvature of my spine which the Xray nurse told me about but said it wouldnt stop us getting in (doesnt make me Quazimodo though Col before you start!! ). Then we sat with doctor (separately) to fill in some forms together - the ones in the ITA pack which you will have to sign and have photos stuck onto. A bit long winded but ok really.

We stressed about them, OH didnt have any beer for a week before and even stopped having his coffee but i dont think it would have made much difference if im honest, but they were easy really. Take it all in your stride and i am sure you will be fine.

Best of luck xx

Psycho x