Medicals

Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals

Hope someone can offer some advice.
We arrive with no job on Nov 7th. Hubby has an interview with an agency soon after. We are bringing all relevant paperwork and police checks with us. However we have'nt done the medicals, so, would you try to fit them in before we leave, or can they be done once in NZ? If so whats the waiting time/price like for NZ?
Also would we go for residency(would it come through quick enough if we were actually there) or would he go for a work permit? would that be much quicker? Should my OH just get a medical or do we all need one even for a work permit?
Sorry for all the questions but were running out of time and not intending to return to UK once we have left. Thanks. carole
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:54 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

For the medical, you'll need to take a chest x-ray with you.
The list of doctors is quite well spread out, so just get on the phone, book them in that order, then at least you've had 'em done.
Best to pay now and not need them than to not and do methinks.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:27 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
For the medical, you'll need to take a chest x-ray with you.
The list of doctors is quite well spread out, so just get on the phone, book them in that order, then at least you've had 'em done.
Best to pay now and not need them than to not and do methinks.
I'm sure I read somewhere that they're a little more expensive to have done in NZ? Could be wrong? Maybe someone else knows for sure?

Gosh - that was helpful!!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'm sure I read somewhere that they're a little more expensive to have done in NZ? Could be wrong? Maybe someone else knows for sure?

Gosh - that was helpful!!

We had ours done here and here and it was definately cheaper, fepends on your GP etc I think?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:30 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
We had ours done here and here and it was definately cheaper, fepends on your GP etc I think?
I apologise - see, never trust a fairy!! We're too obsessed with polishing our tiaras!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I apologise - see, never trust a fairy!! We're too obsessed with polishing our tiaras!
Had mine done here to, no problem at all, just rang the local GP and told him what I wanted, yes I was a little confused initially that you have to go somewhere else to get a blood test and an xray, but hey when you move to a new country you learn to ask the questions and not worry about looking silly!!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Had mine done here to, no problem at all, just rang the local GP and told him what I wanted, yes I was a little confused initially that you have to go somewhere else to get a blood test and an xray, but hey when you move to a new country you learn to ask the questions and not worry about looking silly!!!!!
Thanks for the help. Just one more question, do we all need a medical for my husband to get a work permit or only him. Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:06 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hope someone can offer some advice.
We arrive with no job on Nov 7th. Hubby has an interview with an agency soon after. We are bringing all relevant paperwork and police checks with us. However we have'nt done the medicals, so, would you try to fit them in before we leave, or can they be done once in NZ? If so whats the waiting time/price like for NZ?
Also would we go for residency(would it come through quick enough if we were actually there) or would he go for a work permit? would that be much quicker? Should my OH just get a medical or do we all need one even for a work permit?
Sorry for all the questions but were running out of time and not intending to return to UK once we have left. Thanks. carole
for medicals in short order in our (Cov) area check out the Handsworth Medical Centre - HWMS Ltd, 0121 507 8290 - they could fit our family of four in within a week when we booked a fortnight ago - but half-term might be tricky...
cost for 2 adults & 2 kids is about £640 unless you have a valid chest x-ray....they have x-ray faclilites there and do it all in one appointment...
good luck
ian
Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lardyl
for medicals in short order in our (Cov) area check out the Handsworth Medical Centre - HWMS Ltd, 0121 507 8290 - they could fit our family of four in within a week when we booked a fortnight ago - but half-term might be tricky...
cost for 2 adults & 2 kids is about £640 unless you have a valid chest x-ray....they have x-ray faclilites there and do it all in one appointment...
good luck
ian
Bloomin Heck - Definately cheaper here!!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 6:06 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Bloomin Heck - Definately cheaper here!!
interesting - the main cost for our medicals are the blood tests for the adults - well over £100 each!!! - are we comparing apples with pears ?>???