Medical worry

Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical worry

I am overweight. I went for medicals, My BMI is a bit high. Doctor said to expect at least 2 of ny blood test results to be not so good. Anyone else been in this situation? What happens next?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical worry

just had the same thing u will have to go back for a fasting blood test, we are fortunate enough to have immigration lawyers provided by the wifes new employer and they say it is fairly common, but as long as your second test goes down and u are not 25 stone it,s a fairly minor problem

Neil
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
just had the same thing u will have to go back for a fasting blood test, we are fortunate enough to have immigration lawyers provided by the wifes new employer and they say it is fairly common, but as long as your second test goes down and u are not 25 stone it,s a fairly minor problem

Neil

Thanks, I feel a bit more encouraged, I am around 16 stone. Just unhappy with the cost of it all

But it sounds as if there is still hope, I was worried that it might cause real problems with my application.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I was in the same situation, although i did have the fasting bloods done on my medical, mine showed up raised white blood count and high chlorestrol, i had a further blood test done by gp, my white blood test results came down which showed i must of had a infestion that had cleared up, also this time it showed up my hayfever and that i had managed to get chlorestrol down from 6.6 to 5.2 my medical was passed last week , your case officer will assess your blood results and then inform you of what to do next eg get repeats done via gp or referral to medical assesors. Hope this helps you.

Ginny
Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Hi I was in the same situation, although i did have the fasting bloods done on my medical, mine showed up raised white blood count and high chlorestrol, i had a further blood test done by gp, my white blood test results came down which showed i must of had a infestion that had cleared up, also this time it showed up my hayfever and that i had managed to get chlorestrol down from 6.6 to 5.2 my medical was passed last week , your case officer will assess your blood results and then inform you of what to do next eg get repeats done via gp or referral to medical assesors. Hope this helps you.

Ginny
Hi Ginny,
Congratulations on your medical being passed!!
It should be all systems go for you now!!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:50 am
Just Joined

jo_hedge will become famous soon enoughjo_hedge will become famous soon enough

I had this aggro myself. See the 'immigration' section for lots more tales of woe. INZ seem completely arbitrary on what they decide is acceptable or not. See their list of unacceptable conditions which are likely to cost them a lot of money for a really good laugh. I had some odd blood test results (liver function seems to be one they pick up on with boring regularity) & the implication was that because my BMI is high (nothing to worry about my own dr said) I could suffer from such things as organ transplants, cancer of various types, inherited/congenital diseases, HIV/Aids ... I was frankly gobsmacked. My own doctor was amazed when he saw their list & their margins in the blood test results, as the levels that my results showed he said would be considered normal in the UK. So work that one out! Due to all this hassle (I joined the gym pronto & ate basically nothing & only drank herbal tea - thereby becoming more unhealthy than I previously was), INZ did not grant my visa in time & lost me my job. They graciously gave me 3 months to get here & find another job. Luckily I did - no thanks to them. So whatever grief they give you (& the immigration officers will be as helpful as a chocolate teapot) "don't let the bastards grind you down"!