Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Medical Waiver Letter

Medical Waiver Letter

Old Jan 20th 2015, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Brownies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Waiver Letter

HI can anyone give me some advice, my parents wish to come over to NZ and have been through the application process, however my fathers health is not up to standard and Immigration have now asked them to send in a Medical waiver letter, have any of you had to do this and can you give me any ideas of what is best to write, we have already sent in all the doctors letters and family situation, all of their existing family now live in NZ, my Mums brother, myself (daughter) and family and my brother and his family. Thanks in advance of any help you can give
Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:20 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Waiver Letter

sorry but can't help personally but from reading the ops manual as long as its not any of the exempt medical conditions is just a fact of putting your reasons for the move across, ie having all family members in NZ and how that would be positive for the grand children and yourselves etc and how this helps contribute to NZ, financial security (so less burden on NZ) so just lots of positive reasons for NZ to hand out visa
Old Jan 27th 2015, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your response much appreciated, is there anyone else that has had to do this and have any other feedback for us, as we really need to get back to them asap, Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2015, 9:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Has your father's application already been referred to an NZIS medical assessor or is this yet to be done?

Or have they been informed that the case will be referred to a medical assessor and so are advising your parents of the procedure & therefore to give them opportunity to further underpin why a medical waiver should be granted.

If the latter, then you could perhaps think to gain a comprehensive consultants report about your Father's health. That would contain perhaps a prognosis and maybe that his health is stable etc.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 10:14 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Previous to coming to NZ I had a partial knee joint replacement. NZ Immigration requested that I obtained a written report on the knee by a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon prior to me being accepted. I do not know if this helps your situation.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Hi, again thankyou for your response. He has had all the medical letters and reports done and these have been seen by the assessor. He still does not meet the standard but they are saying that we can write in for a medical waiver, just wondered what's best to put in the letter for our best chance