Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Medical - Waist measurement

Medical - Waist measurement

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of
Default Medical - Waist measurement

Can anyone help? Hubby 6ft 4" and weighs 16 stone. Not fat just big nor does he have beer belly....................so I was shocked when he measured his waist and it was 44". He wears 36" waist trousers and they fit???????????? Dont get it............................anyway............wi ll this go against him at medical? Ive got us both on a healthy eating plan after a holiday blow out but it would definately be a further incentive to lose if this is problem. Wants to get fit anyway ..................... for his Speedos
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:22 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Medical - Waist measurement

He's a strapping bloke, isn't he.

The blood tests are key. If it all is clear, you'll be sweet. They are mostly looking for things that might cause a drain on the public health system.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jill1420
Can anyone help? Hubby 6ft 4" and weighs 16 stone. Not fat just big nor does he have beer belly....................so I was shocked when he measured his waist and it was 44". He wears 36" waist trousers and they fit???????????? Dont get it............................anyway............wi ll this go against him at medical? Ive got us both on a healthy eating plan after a holiday blow out but it would definately be a further incentive to lose if this is problem. Wants to get fit anyway ..................... for his Speedos

have you tried calculating his BMI??

BMI= Weight (kg) divided by Height (metres) sq

so for instance mine is 73kg and my height is 1.65m= 73 divided by 1.65x1.65 = 26.8. Anything up to 35 is okay.

From NZIS
The Medical Examiner is expected to calculate the BMI for all applicants aged 15 years and older. Where the BMI is:
>
35 for applicants aged 20 years and over, or
> is greater than or equal to the 97% BMI for age percentile
1 in applicants aged between 15 and 19
add fasting glucose and fasting lipids to the battery of laboratory tests.
Measure the waist circumference of all applicants 20 years of age and over where the BMI is
35. With a tape
measure, comfortably measure the shortest circumference that is below the rib cage and above the umbilicus.

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Always fancied a strapping 6 footer meself. So much bloke for your money. Ended up with a superfit 5'5" jobby in the end.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jill1420
Nah don't worry Jill, my waist measurement was over but my panel doc just said well breathe in then when I measure you so I did!!

Debbie
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Thanks all........................will still tell him it has to be 34".Havent seen his six pack for years....................lol. ...................except for the bud version he is partial to.
Thanks Debbie...............hope all going well with job...................did you receive my holiday photos? I included some of the beautiful Scottish scenery you requested before and thought you would appreciate the pictures of my pals boxers........Cassie & Clay.
Ive got to get the ball rolling with our move................will keep you posted............all systems go.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happynz
He's a strapping bloke, isn't he.

The blood tests are key. If it all is clear, you'll be sweet. They are mostly looking for things that might cause a drain on the public health system.

You know what they say happnz.................................BIG feet.............BIG ?????.

oops forgot to say..........................he takes a 5 1/2 in a shoe