Medical school

Old May 11th 2009, 1:47 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Medical school

So not much seems to be happening in the way of interesting jobs at the moment and I’m due to finish my course in October. I quite fancy going to medical school down in Otago (British weather, New Zealand wages...a sure fire winner!), has anyone been?

Would be through the Health science first year and on to BDS hopefully .
Old May 11th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical school

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Would be through the Health science first year and on to BDS hopefully .
I got rejected.... ...........

Last edited by crap coffee; May 11th 2009 at 1:20 pm.
Old May 11th 2009, 11:37 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Medical school

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I got rejected.... ...........
But it's an undergraduate program?

Sure I can't tempt you into a second try? You could study with me...and by "study" I mean drink wine...and by "with me" I mean with all those other sexy, young soon-to-be doctors .
Old May 11th 2009, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

But it's an undergraduate program?

Sure I can't tempt you into a second try? You could study with me...and by "study" I mean drink wine...and by "with me" I mean with all those other sexy, young soon-to-be doctors .
my question to you is

well Have you (already) got a uni degree (tertiary) ? or ever studied at uni?

do you know the Rules For Entrance (first year HEalth Sc)?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:57 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Medical school

Originally Posted by crap coffee
my question to you is

well Have you (already) got a uni degree (tertiary) ? or ever studied at uni?

do you know the Rules For Entrance (first year HEalth Sc)?
I think once you have a degree you need to look at the "Competitive Graduate" (maybe even "Alternative" in your case?) category. Bit of a weird system I'll grant you but it is pretty much open to anyone who thinks they have a chance.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

I think once you have a degree you need to look at the "Competitive Graduate" (maybe even "Alternative" in your case?) category. Bit of a weird system I'll grant you but it is pretty much open to anyone who thinks they have a chance.
did you not know that?

that's why I was asking you.

No you can't (through the Health science first year), if you have got a Bachelor/tertiary degree. well I tried to get the HEalth Sc (half way through my under degree- Economics and public policy... ) - a long long time ago - when I was young... ... but got rejected - cos I already studied at uni. - the only way going to med school is - appying as a graduate. But you must have AAAAAAAA++++++++ degree. which is daft, eh?

I wanted to study Medlab SC or food SC at Otago...as I've got a strong interests in Nutrition & Food science in particular... preferably ph.d level or do some research......... However I do not want to waste my life to start from scratch (Science) so.

after a long hard thought ... realized I'd better stay/remain ...what I've been doing....therefore I study law at VIc. . rather than changing career though....with Uncertainty. .... Cr@p wages for Scientists anyhow. No thanks. and no guarantee you can get a place for a med school either. so what's the point going back to study science then?....(I am no interested in medicine or being a doctor at all... anyway....yuck & disgusting as... )

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. you'd better talk with admission office ppl first down there before proceed anything ...

Last edited by crap coffee; May 12th 2009 at 12:32 am.
Old May 12th 2009, 11:56 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Medical school

That sucks.

Still, Its a long way to the top if you want rock and roll!