Medical records

Old May 15th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Dezza will become famous soon enoughDezza will become famous soon enough
Default Medical records

When you go for a medical will the doctor be able to get access to your medical records i.e. by requesting them from your GP?
How do they know if you are telling the truth or have given correct dates about stuff etc or do they go more on blood tests and other tests?
Just wondering as I am a klutz when it comes to remembering medical stuff esp dates.
Old May 15th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medical records

Originally Posted by Dezza
When you go for a medical will the doctor be able to get access to your medical records i.e. by requesting them from your GP?
How do they know if you are telling the truth or have given correct dates about stuff etc or do they go more on blood tests and other tests?
Just wondering as I am a klutz when it comes to remembering medical stuff esp dates.
I'd have to say, dont lie about anything, I got my doctors to print off the medication my son was on for his asthma, and to be honest if its a current problem you might have then theres a good chance it will come out during the meds anyway. I wouldnt say dates were too much of an issue, i could only give rough dates for my sons having tonsils out, grommets fitted. Dont worry youself about it, I did!! and although we have not had results back yet it all seemed a pretty easy going process. Good luck
Chris
Old May 15th 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alchris
I'd have to say, dont lie about anything,
Thanks for your reply.
Why don't lie about anything - is this because I might get caught out or for moral reasons?
Cheers
Dezza
Old May 16th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dezza
Thanks for your reply.
Why don't lie about anything - is this because I might get caught out or for moral reasons?
Cheers
Dezza
Dezza, only said that because I am not sure if- if there isa problem they could well ask to see your medical notes then if you havent told them something it will come back to bite you in the bum! We had our med results back today, think all looks ok, 'no lesions' found on x-rays. To be honest it's seems like they are looking for more serious problems health wise. You will just have to play it by ear, have a look at the medical forms and you will be able to see what sort of questions they ask.
Chris
Old May 16th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

It's funny how these things can worry you and blow up out of proportion and when it comes to it it is nothing much really. I'll try not to worry about it any more - just have to make sure I am not too fat and cut down on the red wine!
Well done with your med results - i am sure it is nice to get it out of the way - another job off the list!