MEDICAL ISSUE

Old Feb 6th 2020, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Pigpuff15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MEDICAL ISSUE

Good day!!!

Can someone help and guide me with my health issue.. Currently i'm a student visa here in NZ and studying Healthcare i'm about to finish my course this coming March, though i am afraid when it comes to Post Study Visa that they will issue after finishing the course they will conduct a medical exams and i'm a Hepatitis B positive, would they grant me a visa if they find out? please please i need help..

((

Last edited by Pigpuff15; Feb 6th 2020 at 11:34 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 4:34 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MEDICAL ISSUE

I would give Immigration a call as Hep B is in the Ops Manual https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42611.htm as,
A4.10.1 Medical conditions deemed to impose significant costs and/or demands on New Zealand's health and/or education services
Old Feb 7th 2020, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Does it mean i dont have the chance to get the post study visa and work for a year?
Old Feb 7th 2020, 9:49 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry I dont know as I cant say what immigration will say about your on going care and what it would cost NZ, as I said you would need to speak directly to Immigration,
Old Feb 7th 2020, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

One year should be ok, did you have a previous x ray cos they last for 3 years?

"If you will stay in New Zealand for less than 12 months, you normally do not need to have a medical examination unless the visa you apply for will allow you to stay for more than 12 months, or we ask you to have one."

Old Feb 7th 2020, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Yes! I do have xray prior going to NZ, still after the course they will conduct medical exams , to provide me a post study visa.. i dont know what to do, and i’m enrolling myself to CAP and become a nurse here
Old Feb 8th 2020, 4:15 am

theres no way round it, you need to talk to immigration
Old Feb 10th 2020, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

I assume that as you are working in a health care role your organisation knows you have this condition?
Edit: in the UK health care workers are tested for Hepatitis B and if found to be infectious are quite correctly excluded from certain roles where there is a risk that they might infect a patient.
This implies you can test positive for Hep B but not classed as an infection risk.
So regardless of visa it looks as though you shoul be tested anyway before taking on your proposed role.

Last edited by LittleGreyCat; Feb 10th 2020 at 3:35 pm.