Reload this Page >

Medical Form Questions

Medical Form Questions

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

kerrypaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Form Questions

Hi

This is the first time I've posted on here, but I'm forever reading the posts. They are all very helpful. My hubby, me and 4 kids are hoping to emigrate in the near future.

I've downloaded the medical forms and some of the questions are...well, blimey! they need to know all that!!

I wonder if any of you lovely people can help me with a couple of questions.
1) Do you have to know every time you have been in hospital.
2) Do you have to put every surgical procedure down.
3) Is there anyway of getting the information easily and at not much cost.

Only asking as my daughter was in and out of hospital when she was younger, she is now 18, and I've not really kept any records of my own!!!!

There's so much they need to know isn't there, just wish I'd kept details now. Oh well hindsight is a wonderful thing lol xxx
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Form Questions

It's better to give them too much information than too little, so I'd suggest that you try to remember as much as you can with approximate dates. Really though they are looking at conditions which could be ongoing/ recurrent and which could have the potential to be a drain on the NZ health system in the future. So if she was in and out of hospital with the normal childhood cuts, bruises, and not too serious accidental injuries, or with the common surgeries that can affect anyone, tonsils or appendix for example they must be included on the form but no big deal. However if she was recording ongoing medical care for a medical condition then you may well need to be prepared to give further information. I'm trying to remember UK legislation but I seem to think that you have the right to view your medical records, although you may well need to make an appointment to do that. That may be a starting point just to check the notes and make note of dates and diagnoses.
The medical forms do look a bit daunting with all the "do you have or have you ever had" type questions, but they're just thorough and covering every body system or disease category.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

chauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to all
Default Re: Medical Form Questions

That's one of the questions that you should fill in with the panel doctor at your medical not before you go. Let the Doc guide you on what to put on the form. As your daughter is still young, they should have access to her info anyway. I had mine done in Friday and the Doctor had my records on her computer.