Reload this Page >

Medical Certificates

Medical Certificates

Old Mar 11th 2014, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

lipgloss1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Certificates

Hi There
Would like some advise reference the medical certificates we have to get.
My partner has Dupuytren's Contracture. This is a thickening of the fibrous tissue underneath the skin in the palms of his hands.
He has worked for years without any trouble, but it is a condition that could worsen in time.
He is 41 years old.
Would he fail his medical as on the application it asks if you have any muscle, bone or skin disorder?
Also, is it the Approved panel of Physicians that fail you or the New Zealand Government?
And one last question, what type of things are you failed on, Is it quite serious things?
Any one with any experience of having trouble to pass their medical, any advise would be much appreciated
Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:43 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Certificates

sorry but can't be much help but anything that comes up as a possible problem would go for "referral" by the CO. I have assumed that they are approved medical people that are entrusted by the Immigration Dept to make decisions on medical conditions and weigh up any possible cost to maintain in the coming years.
In your application I personally would put in your Consultants notes on his condition and what he foresees as the coming care required

Last edited by MrsFychan; Mar 12th 2014 at 8:52 am.