British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Medical Assessors say NO Again!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/medical-assessors-say-no-again-421048/)

claire hopkins Jan 23rd 2007 11:46 am

Medical Assessors say NO Again!!!!

Hi Guys,

Well just had an email from our CO today and the Medical Assessors still say no to Jordan's Medical condition (bless him!) they didn't really add anything to it just on about the costs and how things are done differently in NZ to the UK ie CF related infections here treated with antibiotics and out patient care over in NZ would be a hospital stay and obviously a higher cost.

Our next step is either argue some more (haven't really got any more ammo) or ask our CO to pass on all our bits for medical waiver. To be honest I am feeling extremely pessimistic about it all (though have been poorly with flu for the last week so not up on a lots of things). I just don't know if we have a strong enough case for medical waiver as you know Paul lost his job offer and we thought there was no point trying to get another until we knew the score.

Well I better wait for Paul to ring me in his lunch break (he doesn't know yet).

Cheers Guys will keep you posted!!

Claire x (Hopkins Clan):confused:

chay and kerrie Jan 23rd 2007 12:16 pm

Re: Medical Assessors say NO Again!!!!

Originally Posted by claire hopkins (Post 4315881)
Hi Guys,

Well just had an email from our CO today and the Medical Assessors still say no to Jordan's Medical condition (bless him!) they didn't really add anything to it just on about the costs and how things are done differently in NZ to the UK ie CF related infections here treated with antibiotics and out patient care over in NZ would be a hospital stay and obviously a higher cost.

Our next step is either argue some more (haven't really got any more ammo) or ask our CO to pass on all our bits for medical waiver. To be honest I am feeling extremely pessimistic about it all (though have been poorly with flu for the last week so not up on a lots of things). I just don't know if we have a strong enough case for medical waiver as you know Paul lost his job offer and we thought there was no point trying to get another until we knew the score.

Well I better wait for Paul to ring me in his lunch break (he doesn't know yet).

Hi Claire
So sorry but dont give up it might be worth it to keep trying, you have gone this far.fingers crossed and let us know.
kerrie

andy&georgina Jan 23rd 2007 1:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Hi Claire

Sorry to hear your news - I hope you can fight the decision and it all works out for you in the end.

Thinking of you all.

Georgina & Andy xx

P2L Jan 23rd 2007 1:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Claire

I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going well for you. Ican't really offer any advise just some karma for your flu. :)

As regards the job, I would try & get another offer if I was Paul. It makes your case stronger for saying yes, IMO :unsure:

I really hope things work out for you, having read your OP, it would be a shame to have to give up now

Sarah x

Littletoe Jan 23rd 2007 1:56 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm really sorry to hear you're doing it tough at the moment, I really hope it works out for you. People keep on about sending karma, so I'm going to try and send some to you as a way to show I'm thinking of you and hope you get better soon

dreamfish Jan 23rd 2007 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Littletoe (Post 4316400)
I'm really sorry to hear you're doing it tough at the moment, I really hope it works out for you. People keep on about sending karma, so I'm going to try and send some to you as a way to show I'm thinking of you and hope you get better soon

cant believe this claire - but i still have this glimmer of hope that you will come through this. cant seem to shake it off - so keep at it. where you get your strength and motivation from i dont know; you could write a book!!
take it easy xxx

poppets Jan 23rd 2007 9:56 pm

Hi Guys,

so sorry claire, keeping everything crossed for you xx

karonious Jan 24th 2007 6:51 am

Stick in there Claire - it's not over 'til the fat lady sings!
Karma to keep you going,
Karen B