Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Medical Assessor say DECLINE!!!

Medical Assessor say DECLINE!!!

Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Medical Assessor say DECLINE!!!

Hi Guys,

What a crap week for the Hopkins's! Yes we heard from our CO today, she received an email from the Medical Assessor in NZ and they have declined our Son's medical.

So now our next stage is wait another week or so to receive the report in writing and then we can apply for a Medical Waiver.

Has anyone out there have any experience obtaining a Waiver or tips on how we will win this by supplying an outstanding case/report to support our application for Waiver.

When we first submitted our EOI back in January we knew it would be a problem with Jordan's health but never in a million years realised how stressful it is and how it takes over everything.

We refuse to let this beat us and ruin our dream!

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Hopkins Clan (Paul, Claire, Jordan & Anya)
Old Nov 15th 2006, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Assessor say DECLINE!!!

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Guys,

What a crap week for the Hopkins's! Yes we heard from our CO today, she received an email from the Medical Assessor in NZ and they have declined our Son's medical.

So now our next stage is wait another week or so to receive the report in writing and then we can apply for a Medical Waiver.

Has anyone out there have any experience obtaining a Waiver or tips on how we will win this by supplying an outstanding case/report to support our application for Waiver.

When we first submitted our EOI back in January we knew it would be a problem with Jordan's health but never in a million years realised how stressful it is and how it takes over everything.

I'm sorry I can't help on this one and excuse my ignorance but what is a CO? I can see it's a person and one who helps with matters re. moving to NZ, but what does it stand for?

Not sure how the whole waiver thing works at all - how can people get one of those? How come?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a crap week by the way. Hope it starts getting better.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mazi
I'm sorry to hear you're having such a crap week by the way. Hope it starts getting better.
Hi Mazi,

A CO is Case Officer, and a Medical Waiver is sort of a last ditch attempt to be accepted for PR, basically they go through all our application again and our CO's manager makes a decision as to whether you can have your medical condition waivered and granted PR. We are fortunate that even though Paul lost his job in NZ he still has 125 points without the offer, they just take everything into consideration as to what we have to offer NZ, Paul will have to have a Telephone interview and a decision made at the end of the process.

So fingers crossed.

Cheers Claire
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

Hi Mazi,

A CO is Case Officer, and a Medical Waiver is sort of a last ditch attempt to be accepted for PR, basically they go through all our application again and our CO's manager makes a decision as to whether you can have your medical condition waivered and granted PR. We are fortunate that even though Paul lost his job in NZ he still has 125 points without the offer, they just take everything into consideration as to what we have to offer NZ, Paul will have to have a Telephone interview and a decision made at the end of the process.

So fingers crossed.

Cheers Claire
Well very good luck.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Oh what a blow!
I am wishing you all the luck in the world!
Is there anything you can do/say to persuade them that the waiver is a good idea?

Is the decline on the grounds of treatment cost?
Suppose you will know more when the CO sends you the reports.

I have every sympathy with you. I got mega stressed with just a referral (x2) so it must be so awful to be going through what you are.

Our thoughts are with you Pm me if you want any more advice/support.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:42 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

I'm so sorry to hear this, Claire. You've had a rotten few days, that's for sure! I'm not sure I have any advice to offer, you're a lot further along than we are, but I gave you some karma, and am sending lots of cyber-support and (((hugs))) through the wires.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm so sorry to hear this, Claire. You've had a rotten few days, that's for sure! I'm not sure I have any advice to offer, you're a lot further along than we are, but I gave you some karma, and am sending lots of cyber-support and (((hugs))) through the wires.
Hi thanks again for all your support and karma, Frenchy it is the cost that is against us but it looks as if the reports, medicals and our own letter giving our side of his condition seems to get overlooked, we were always told that each application is looked at case by case, but the Medical assessors looks as if he/she has looked at worse case. The cost can only be looked at over the forth coming 4 years ( I think, correct me if I am wrong ) We were told by the MA via our CO that he is down as 1 hospital stay each year at $6000, Jordan up until now at 13 has never been in hospital for his CF and if he did need 2 week intravenous antibiotics we are more than able to do this at home although fingers crossed not needed this before, this was on his reports. that he needed $2000 worth of physiotherapy per year, he has never had physio this is controlled by himself using his own equipment this was also in his reports, $200+ for upkeep of equipment of which we dont use in UK, Costs to see consultants, no value on this but they see him once or twice a year at their request. The only cost that I cannot disagree with is his monthly medication which NZ have put a cost of $500 per month ( Against the costs in the UK that does seem to be extremely high but medication maybe higher in NZ ). We will have to wait for a written explanation for the decline.

Cheers the Hopkins Clan
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:17 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is good luck and it seems that this process is not really being done on a "case by case" basis more like a generalised basis - is there no CF support group that can provide some advice on this..........???
The web may be your friend.

PS
<<<<<<<<<<MODS>>>>>>>>>> give us a :cross fingers: smiley please....please....please
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:31 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
PS
<<<<<<<<<<MODS>>>>>>>>>> give us a :cross fingers: smiley please....please....please
Like this?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maz
Like this?

Oh you outrageous show off!!!!

Old Nov 15th 2006, 10:30 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Like this?
absolutely or maybe even one like this:
ray:
Attached Images  
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:10 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by Paladin
Oh you outrageous show off!!!!

At your service
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,

Glad to see you refuse to be beaten! Good Luck .