British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   medical abnormality referral (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/medical-abnormality-referral-573680/)

benjie Nov 17th 2008 9:16 pm

medical abnormality referral

Hie there

Can anyone please tell me how long is it taking for a medical report sent to the NZ medical assessor to come back. CO emailed 3 weeks ago advising that my OH's medical report has been sent to the medical assessor for verification because of an abnormality of 11.5 haemoglobin level instead of 12 normality level.

thanks

Ozzidoc Nov 17th 2008 9:20 pm

Re: medical abnormality referral

Originally Posted by benjie (Post 6983086)
Hie there

Can anyone please tell me how long is it taking for a medical report sent to the NZ medical assessor to come back. CO emailed 3 weeks ago advising that my OH's medical report has been sent to the medical assessor for verification because of an abnormality of 11.5 haemoglobin level instead of 12 normality level.

thanks

I really wouldn't worry too much about this.
Many people are anaemic - cause unknown.
Many people are anaemic - due to iron, B12 or folate deficiencies.
Many people have anaemia because they have a chronic illness.

11.5 is just below the norm...which can be up to "1" out...ie a type of sampling error.

In addition to all of the above, the doc however will want to rule out any "nasty" hiding in OH's body...

Good luck with everything!

benjie Nov 17th 2008 10:12 pm

Hie Ozzidoc

Thanks for replying, will sit back and wait patiently.

regards

benjie

nukiwi Nov 18th 2008 12:05 am

Originally Posted by benjie (Post 6983086)
Hie there

thanks

My medical was sent to a medical assessor in London and I was told it could take anything from 2-3 weeks. One week after I was told it had been sent, I was horrified to find out that it had not gone but been sat on an empty desk forgotten for a week :curse: so I had to wait another week :curse:

There is absolutely nothing you can do but wait. Its awful because until you know you are in limbo.

Its quite normal practice for it to be referred so try not to worry too much. I'm sure it will all be fine.

Good luck :thumbsup:

chippy64 Nov 18th 2008 9:32 pm

Our stuff went backwards and forwards to MA. Each time it took about 4 weeks. It can be longer/shorter depending how many applications they are dealing with.
Best of luck anyway! :)

weejie Nov 19th 2008 8:45 am

Ours took exactly 4 weeks so hopefully you should be hearing fairly soon

Phyl x

hosebergine Nov 21st 2008 2:02 pm

:eek: :eek: :eek:

just rushed off to get my iron tablets which have been in the same place I left them after I got back from hospital with our little girl. Hate taking them but now I have just 5 days to get my iron levels up before my medical

thank you sooooo much for this post, I just hope I can boost my levels in time..........pass the spinach ;)