Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is It Meant To Be This Bl**dy Hot??

Is It Meant To Be This Bl**dy Hot??

Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:53 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is It Meant To Be This Bl**dy Hot??

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - but it's been scorching for week after week after week! The grass is nothing more than scorched, brown hay! Everywhere!
There's no air ...
There's a severe need for air conditioning from house, to car, to office and back!
It's great, but is it normal?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:01 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is It Meant To Be This Bl**dy Hot??

Hi Caroline,
I agree this weather, especially today has been swealtering. A guy that Tim works with said they havn't known it this hot for so long in this area for a few years, he said more rain is usually around.
Seems everywhere is having very hot weather though dosn't it.
A swim every day keeps me sane and cool for couple of hours. Have also had to buy a fan to try to keep the main living room cool.
Have had headache all day today though, not enough water i expect.
See you soon.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:05 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Am very pleased I work on Level 12 where the cooler air comes in from outside!

It's pretty damn sweltering at street level.

Oh sorry, it's supposed to be cold, wet and windy all the time in Wellington isn't it?

NOOOOOOOOOOOT!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:07 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been 29/30 degrees here for a good time now and mid 20s most nights, after a while you'll get used to it and learn to pace yourself.

It was the same in Auckland early 2006 - well through to easter time. Make the most of it while it lasts.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:54 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nerine
It's been 29/30 degrees here for a good time now and mid 20s most nights, after a while you'll get used to it and learn to pace yourself.

It was the same in Auckland early 2006 - well through to easter time. Make the most of it while it lasts.
Feel better having cooled off in the pool - fully clothed!!

And what is up with the flies?? We have hundreds of the little blighters ... can we get the house sprayed against them?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:11 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused- we expected it to be really hot and sunny here in Hawkes Bay but it has been rainy and cool plenty- seemingly not in the rest of NZ!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

It's HOT here too but at least being on a hill means I get la ovely cool breeze going through the house. Too hot to walk the dog till 5pm though. Must have been 30c today. Not complaining I love it!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

I am GREEEEEN with envy. On the weather forecast last night we are getting colder weather again with snow forecast for Friday!!!!!

Please let me win the lottery this week and I will be on the next flight over!

Kay
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Suzbits
I am GREEEEEN with envy. On the weather forecast last night we are getting colder weather again with snow forecast for Friday!!!!!

Please let me win the lottery this week and I will be on the next flight over!

Kay
I would love to see some snow, lovely cold snow.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I'm confused- we expected it to be really hot and sunny here in Hawkes Bay but it has been rainy and cool plenty- seemingly not in the rest of NZ!!!!
Which part of Hawkes bay are you in then.
My parents left yesterday, came here 5th December, we only had rain on 4days while they were here, apart from 1 cool day it's been lovely & hot.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
I would love to see some snow, lovely cold snow.
Here you are then. Our drive last Feb
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:51 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Feel better having cooled off in the pool - fully clothed!!
well, that's the washing sorted too then

And what is up with the flies?? We have hundreds of the little blighters ... can we get the house sprayed against them?
They're looking for water. Flies or nasty chemical sprays....hard choice, I'd go for pyrethrin at least it smells nice. Bunnings do DIY fly screen kits
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

this very hot summer and lack of rain is going to have a terrible effect on the farmers, the sheep are standing around waiting to be fed and there is nothing. They then get sold for much less than they are worth and far too early. Pray for some rain as it is not good for the economy when the price of lamb hits the floor.

I LOVE the sun, but would be happy for it to rain in the evening to give the poor buggers something to eat. And drink.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

shortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - but it's been scorching for week after week after week! The grass is nothing more than scorched, brown hay! Everywhere!
There's no air ...
There's a severe need for air conditioning from house, to car, to office and back!
It's great, but is it normal?
Go on, rub it in why don't you.
Attached Thumbnails Is It Meant To Be This Bl**dy Hot??-weather.bmp  
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:35 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

well it cooled down a bit here and only got to 34!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.