Me again!!

Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Dizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the rough
Default Me again!!

OK guys, I know this sort of post needs to go in the Immo bit but that's almost all Oz related and us NZers are a bit lost in it.

So can anyone tell me where in the queue they are?? We are still waiting to be allocated ye olde case officery in London and then hopes are up for a quick turnaround. We are also at the nailbiting stage as we've finally found buyers for our house who typically want to exchange v soon but know we cannot until we have PR.... although I did have a weird dream last night that .... OK that's got nothing to do with it. I would sooo love to exchange and start making real plans but everyone keeps warning me off until we know we can defo go..... OK now I am just rambling, I'm having one of those morning wobbles, kids still at home, house is chaos and I just want to be packing it up!! Any expats recall those days?

Come on guys I need a little TLC.....

Ta

Suki
Old Jan 4th 2006, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

stevod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Me again!!

We submitted our ITA at NZ house, London on 22nd November. On 1st December I submitted my job offe, but still not heard anything or been informed of a case officer's name - not sure if you are told who your case officer is before they make a decision ?

Job offer is valid until 30th Jan and house has been sold since October and buyers pushing for exchange. Starting to panic a bit now ...
Old Jan 4th 2006, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Dizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the rough

I'm sure you should be hearing fairly soon - from what I have seen on other postings, having a job offer really bumps you up the pile!! I've heard 2-3 weeks is the norm but Christmas is bound to have pushed the timings.... hope you do hear soon! Let us know!

Cheers

Suki
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dizibella
OK guys, I know this sort of post needs to go in the Immo bit but that's almost all Oz related and us NZers are a bit lost in it.

So can anyone tell me where in the queue they are?? We are still waiting to be allocated ye olde case officery in London and then hopes are up for a quick turnaround. We are also at the nailbiting stage as we've finally found buyers for our house who typically want to exchange v soon but know we cannot until we have PR.... although I did have a weird dream last night that .... OK that's got nothing to do with it. I would sooo love to exchange and start making real plans but everyone keeps warning me off until we know we can defo go..... OK now I am just rambling, I'm having one of those morning wobbles, kids still at home, house is chaos and I just want to be packing it up!! Any expats recall those days?

Come on guys I need a little TLC.....

Ta

Suki
Hi Suki
that all brings back memories - we had a brill offer on our house that we walked away from cos we didn't know which way our application was gonna go and then once we had PR it took ages to get anyone interested - stress all the way - still we look back and laugh now!!
Good luck - it'll all come out in the wash
Vicki
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

If you have a job offer it should be through any time now. It took about 2 weeks once I got mine. We had to sell the house quick and didn't get the full value of it. Couldn't you stop with relatives if you did sell? It's probabaly going slow because of xmas.

It'll be all worth it in the end, we've been in NZ for a week now, and although we're busy house hunting we're loving it!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Winnie
If you have a job offer it should be through any time now. It took about 2 weeks once I got mine. We had to sell the house quick and didn't get the full value of it. Couldn't you stop with relatives if you did sell? It's probabaly going slow because of xmas.

It'll be all worth it in the end, we've been in NZ for a week now, and although we're busy house hunting we're loving it!
Well that's the major drawback... we held off looking for jobs 'cos we knew it could take an age to sell the house, and then bang, three weeks in , we get an offer! So total 'chicken and egg' time. We don't want to leave UK until after March as various family members are flying in to say goodbye and Si's under contract til then too. The we are freeeee.......... we're just praying we get allocated soonish and then once we know who are case officer is, we could hopefully get ball rolling quickish!! Gosh we've waited so long to get this far, can't believe we're now just talking a few months to go.... aaaagggghhhh!

Suki
Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

stevod is an unknown quantity at this point

Spooky. After chasing my application I now have been contacted by a Case Officer !

Bad news is they require further info which may screw things up due to the time required to obtain the info.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dizibella
Well that's the major drawback... we held off looking for jobs 'cos we knew it could take an age to sell the house, and then bang, three weeks in , we get an offer! So total 'chicken and egg' time. We don't want to leave UK until after March as various family members are flying in to say goodbye and Si's under contract til then too. The we are freeeee.......... we're just praying we get allocated soonish and then once we know who are case officer is, we could hopefully get ball rolling quickish!! Gosh we've waited so long to get this far, can't believe we're now just talking a few months to go.... aaaagggghhhh!

Suki
Just a suggestion..........could you get a job offer to start in march or later? This would get you your visa and you have a long period in which to get into NZ, I have a PR and we had 12 months to travel here. Hope you figure it out soon. It may seem a hassle but usually everything falls into place and you'll be here in no time! Good luck.