The McCanns

Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The McCanns

Originally Posted by lardyl
If they are not gulity of some heinous crime they must have some culpability as bad parents and that is probably why so many people were (even subconsciously) wanting them to be guilty.........and why so much newsprint was (and is) generated.

As I posted before their responses to that fact could account for some of their behaviours....as could their personalities.

Their innocence is still in tact, but I wouldn't leave them in charge of my kids, would you?
Yes I would! I don't believe that they are bad parents at all. They did something that many parents do & that my parents did with us. I'm sure they regret this decision hugely but it doesn't make them bad.

I hope they get answers to what has happened to their child, it must be a living hell for them. On top of that, they must know that people like you are blaming them rather than the perpetrator of this crime.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:51 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Yes I would! I don't believe that they are bad parents at all. ......On top of that, they must know that people like you are blaming them rather than the perpetrator of this crime.
....of course they must have (and I hope would feel) some level of guilt....in the same way that they would be in some way guilty were they to leave the kids home alone and one got injured by hurting themselves, they were not there when their kids needed them.......given their financial status I'm sure that they could have arranged for childcare when they arranged to go off to eat with their mates?
Or even got the food served at their place as it was not far??
Oh and my understanding (you can correct me) is that they did this sort of thing each night leaving the kids alone in an unlocked apartment, if that is the case then I doubt that any parent here would feel absolved of guilt as it would allow the snatcher to get a good handle on their behaviour and work out a way to slip in and out undetected.......

Life's all about choices and having kids is often about sacrifice - we never went out for 18 months after our first, MrsL wouldn't even trust either set of parents to look after the wee un.

The world is a tad different now than it was when your parents left you "alone", what with cheap flights to the Algarve and pedo rings organised by MSN..........doubt most parents would admit to leaving their kids insecure and alone in their holiday apartment whilst they went off to a cafe, even if they (allegedly) checked back each 30 minutes.
Ever heard of baby monitors that double as two way radios and are fully portable?- we have one that works as a walkie talkie and has a range of up to 5km, great for if the kids used to nod off in the car just before we got home....the car was left locked BTW.....in full view of the front window but that cheap technology gave us peace of mind.

All of this doesn't make the McCanns killers as the Express said and rightly got sued for.........althought the Portugeuse Police have not removed them from their enquiries or lifted "official suspect" status.

But then in the world of the Daily Mail all foreign police forces are incompetent fools........

Nor does it mean that I don't feel for them, having young kids I sure do but I wouldn't leave my 2yr old and 6yr old with them, certainly the type of people they seem to have been *before* this tragedy, maybe think about it now as one would hope that (i) they are innocent and (ii) they would be extra-vigilant.

BTW, I say if they find the perp of this crime then they should rot in jail..........

Last edited by lardyl; Mar 21st 2008 at 2:58 am.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:14 am
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

You see I am sure that it was a locked apartment and not an unlocked apartment hence the need for the window to have been forced. Or did I read this wrong in the reports
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
There's nothing strange about them or their case at all.
You must be having a laugh
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wimpy
You see I am sure that it was a locked apartment and not an unlocked apartment hence the need for the window to have been forced. Or did I read this wrong in the reports
It's irrelevant either way...I would NEVER leave my kids like that...never have...never would....like Maz (I think it was), I wouldn't even leave them in the car while paying at the petrol station.
Given their medical background they should have been aware that the kids were at risk from medical emergency alone, never mind fire risk or malicious intruders.
Maybe religion was their problem? An exaggerated belief that God would always provide maybe?
Agree with Lardyl....you have to sacrifice your social life for your kids to some extent or if you are unwilling to do this, you arrange for responsible babysitters.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:55 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, don't get me started (again) on the McCanns...but God bless Maddy wherever she may be...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Mar 21st 2008 at 1:58 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:00 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by luvwelly
It's irrelevant either way...I would NEVER leave my kids like that...never have...never would....like Maz (I think it was), I wouldn't even leave them in the car while paying at the petrol station.
Given their medical background they should have been aware that the kids were at risk from medical emergency alone, never mind fire risk or malicious intruders.
Maybe religion was their problem? An exaggerated belief that God would always provide maybe?
Agree with Lardyl....you have to sacrifice your social life for your kids to some extent or if you are unwilling to do this, you arrange for responsible babysitters.
Not having a pop at you here but if your children play in the back garden do you sit at the window staring at them till they come back in. There have been cases in the UK where children have been taken from the garden or even from there bedroom while parents slept. I find it hard to believe that you have never even for a minute taken your eyes off them whilst doing something else.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:48 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Oh god, don't get me started (again) on the McCanns...but God bless Maddy wherever she may be...
someone opened a McCann of worms again............................
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:51 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Not having a pop at you here but if your children play in the back garden do you sit at the window staring at them till they come back in. There have been cases in the UK where children have been taken from the garden or even from there bedroom while parents slept. I find it hard to believe that you have never even for a minute taken your eyes off them whilst doing something else.
oh here we go.......that's how the McCann's rationalised it - we were only doing what we might have done at home.......
'fraid that to me and many many other parents that particular analogy don't wash.........
but we are just going to disagree on this one and as I posted earlier this could all get too heated.....so I'm not going to post here again.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Leigh-M is a jewel in the roughLeigh-M is a jewel in the roughLeigh-M is a jewel in the roughLeigh-M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Yes I would! I don't believe that they are bad parents at all. They did something that many parents do & that my parents did with us. I'm sure they regret this decision hugely but it doesn't make them bad.

I hope they get answers to what has happened to their child, it must be a living hell for them. On top of that, they must know that people like you are blaming them rather than the perpetrator of this crime.
God forbid nothing like that ever happens to anyone. The McCanns had a BIG error of judgement and they should have done
a.
b.
c.
But I dont think its right to condemn anyone as the McCanns have been condemned by both the public and the media. Isn't it that it used to be 'innocent until proven guilt' or is it now the other way round now? There is enough negativity in this world without adding any more. The media is a very powerful weapon of propaganda and should be fined for abusing their power.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

My back garden in the UK was extremely secure....I do take small risks now they are older such as dropping them at school but we are talking twin babies and a young child...if your child is abducted whilst you are in your house then you have no need to feel guilty, you can only do your best, by leaving vulnerable kids totally unattended they were not doing their best.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:17 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

For crying out loud...let's face the facts here...

1. OK...The newspapers shouldn't have done what they have done in some cases - agreed.

2. The fact remains though that if the McCanns hadn't left their children unsupervised there would not have been the opportunity for anyone to abduct one of them...

End of...simple as...

p.s. I have every sympathy with the McCanns as parents grieving the loss of one of their children...however, that loss is of their own making and therein lies the rub...if they hadn't left their children alone whilst going out to dine this situation would never have arisen...

p.p.s ...Sorry, promised myself I wouldn't comment on this thread as I've said all that I had to say about the McCanns in various other threads (see my previous posts) but I just couldn't help myself...to lose a child through your own negligence is a cross no person should have to bear but the McCanns will have to carry that very heavy cross for the rest of their lives...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Mar 21st 2008 at 11:19 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:14 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Have there been any sightings of maddy in New Zealand?

Just curious, as what on earth is this thread doing in this section? At least the football thread pretended to be about New Zealand for half a second before droning on about the Premeirship.

Not that I'm trying to get the thread in the 'off-topic' section past the 100,000 post mark, or anything.

Anyone reading that thread will find out how I got so much karma....perhaps best we just all stay on this thread...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

May I remind everyone that the McCanns recklessly abandoned their children so they were able to go out for the evening with friends.

They are indirectly responsible for the kidnapping and possible death of maddie by their incredible irresponsible actions. Responsible parents DO NOT leave children unattended at any time. Im flabbergasted at their selfishness and the excuses made by others on their behalf.

I hope they rot in hell!

Last edited by willmore; Mar 22nd 2008 at 1:11 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Avid
Have there been any sightings of maddy in New Zealand?

Just curious, as what on earth is this thread doing in this section? At least the football thread pretended to be about New Zealand for half a second before droning on about the Premeirship.

Not that I'm trying to get the thread in the 'off-topic' section past the 100,000 post mark, or anything.

Anyone reading that thread will find out how I got so much karma....perhaps best we just all stay on this thread...
Once a trouble maker always a trouble maker!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.