Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

mature netball team ? tauranga

mature netball team ? tauranga

Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default mature netball team ? tauranga

Hi all
does anyone fancy getting a netball team together in Tauranga area for players who haven't played for a while ( like years ) or know if there is one already in place ??? nothing serious just a bit of fun & fitness then drinkies after ??
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:56 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mature netball team ? tauranga

I'd love to play - it was something I promised myself I'd do when we moved here - but haven't. Not sure how I'll manage with glass of wine in one hand and fag in the other - but God loves a trier.

They do Social Netball at Mount Action Centre, it used to be on a Thursday evening in the Winter. But this is mixed, men and women, and I'm not even sure you can play as a team?

They also did morning women's netball, but that won't suit most people with work.

Possibly the QEII in Tauranga do some too? Yes they do INFO here.

Hopefully some more will come along. Although I have possibly 2 friends locally that I know have said before they want to play, but they're not on BE.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Happy New Year Fairy Lady !
I will do more research & hopefully by then we will have more players. it doesn't have to all be BE just thought this would be a good start & will await being unindated so we can have 2 teams & will need 2 umpires !!!!!
I will also check rules but am sure that having a fag & wineglass is OK so long as glass is plastic !
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

The Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to all

Hi I will play. I used to be in a team in yorkshire about 15 years ago. I live in the Mount. I am good friends with Am Loolah so a few of us could travel together depending where it is.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in Tauranga, but could easily travel & I reckon it sounds like fun.
Haven't played for more years than I care to remember, but if it's all in the spirit of playing & having fun rather than winning (I might not manage to catch the ball every time , & I'm volunteering for defence rather than goal shooting) then count me in
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ohhh just checked my thread & we have half a team up to now !! If you pm me I will ring you all when I get more info & we can get friends etc involved - Julie
Old Jan 10th 2010, 12:00 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bolton1
Ohhh just checked my thread & we have half a team up to now !! If you pm me I will ring you all when I get more info & we can get friends etc involved - Julie
Count me in!!! Aint played since high school mind and obviously quite a few pounds heavier, lol. But certainly give it a go soon to be in tauranga, satying in papamoa beach, dearest thanks to tomsk and amm loolah x x

Last edited by willand tina_h; Jan 10th 2010 at 12:04 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:01 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Just let us know when the team photos come out women in short skirts

Well at least you can relax in the hot pools after the game.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Oh okay, count me in too. I was a Netball Captain back in 1975
I'm not sure how I will fit it in with my shifts hence my initial hesitation in coming forward, but will give it a go.
I'm in Matata.....so not too far to travel

Julie I will PM you x
Old Jan 16th 2010, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ohhh I am gettng more excited - we now nearly have a full team - yah hee. Not sure about the photo's & short skirts ( Geelong gent)
Will keep you all posted. I will have a little more time to sort out once my sister goes back to UK
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:57 pm

Ohhh I am gettng more excited - we now nearly have a full team - yah hee. Not sure about the photo's & short skirts ( Geelong gent)
Will keep you all posted. I will have a little more time to sort out once my sister goes back to UK
Of course we''ll definately need a "planning" session over a few wines ... juts before the serious training gets under way!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

The Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: mature netball team ? tauranga

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Of course we''ll definately need a "planning" session over a few wines ... juts before the serious training gets under way!
Great idea.
Also may be able to talk Vicky into coming. As she is not always online to catch up I will let her know about the netball team. Another one to add to the team.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Team
I have researched and the leagues all start in Feb. They are either at Mount ACtion Centre or Queen Elizabeth Youth Centre and are on Tues or Thurs

I am not sure we are ready to register for these at the moment without a bit of practice, sooooo my idea is to go & watch a few matches ( so we can see our competition ) & discuss team tactics over a

We may then be ready to join a league later ?

As most of us are on BBQ / Picnic we could sort out from there & for those who aren't I will let you know
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:22 am

Hello Team
I have researched and the leagues all start in Feb. They are either at Mount ACtion Centre or Queen Elizabeth Youth Centre and are on Tues or Thurs

I am not sure we are ready to register for these at the moment without a bit of practice, sooooo my idea is to go & watch a few matches ( so we can see our competition ) & discuss team tactics over a

We may then be ready to join a league later ?

As most of us are on BBQ / Picnic we could sort out from there & for those who aren't I will let you know
Agreed. We can spend the first few weeks of the season training ...

Great to meet you today.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:49 am

Seems we can hire a court at Aquinas in Tauranga one evening to have a practise if anyone is up for it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.