British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   maternity clothes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/maternity-clothes-645856/)

giraffe Dec 23rd 2009 2:04 am

maternity clothes

Does anybody know which of the main stores have a maternity range. I can't seem to find any and i'm growing fast !

thanks

p.s we've been in auckland/nz 3 weeks now and are loving it!

BEVS Dec 23rd 2009 2:25 am

Re: maternity clothes

Can't help at all but just wanted to say Merry Christmas and all the best for your wee growing little giraffe. :)

kiwinow Dec 23rd 2009 2:59 am

Most of the main stores have a small range of maternity clothing, eg The Warehouse, Farmers, Ballentynes etc. If you can afford it go to a Maternity shop or there is a website which is something to do with Egg?? I think Ezibuy have some too. I invested in some maternity dungarees but otherwise tended to just buy things a couple of sizes bigger than normal. I packed away the dungareees and wore them for 3 of my 4 pregnancies, but the rest I was sick to death of by the time the baby was born, so I was glad I didn't spend too much. You could also try the boutique second hand shops because you may find designer maternity wear for a reasonable price hat has hardly been worn.

nero Dec 23rd 2009 5:31 am

[QUOTE=giraffe;8192762]Does anybody know which of the main stores have a maternity range. I can't seem to find any and i'm growing fast !
QUOTE]

Country Road have Maternity clothes, there is a big store in Newmarket. Pop Maternity Clothes NZ into google and you will get alot of other ideas as well. Gald you are enjoying NZ

padozwi Dec 23rd 2009 7:06 am

Pumpkin patch(kids clothing store) do maternity clothes,I got a few nice summer dresses from there.K-Mart have some nice basics and theres also Egg,which is nice but pricey.I think the Warehouse now have a maternity range as well,dont know what it's like.

Stoof Dec 23rd 2009 7:20 am

yep, pumpkin patch have maternity stuff - try and catch the sale rail though cos it's a bit pricey... warehouse and kmart both have cheap basics, but tbh, i've not found anything there i wanted - all short shorts and vests which isn't really me!

nelsonpom Dec 26th 2009 10:16 am

Originally Posted by giraffe (Post 8192762)
Does anybody know which of the main stores have a maternity range. I can't seem to find any and i'm growing fast !

thanks

p.s we've been in auckland/nz 3 weeks now and are loving it!

My wife got most of hers from pumpkin patch and jk clothing (kids shop) also some on trade me. Good luck :thumbsup: