Matamata ?????

Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Matamata ?????

is trucking what you want to carry on doing? I could probably get you some local temporary work in the Tauranga/mount region for about $18 an hour, not much but better than a kick in the teeth. could possibly get you some trucking contact details too
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maysie
is trucking what you want to carry on doing? I could probably get you some local temporary work in the Tauranga/mount region for about $18 an hour, not much but better than a kick in the teeth. could possibly get you some trucking contact details too
OH is a class 1 driver over here on numerous vehicles - grabs, tippers, flatbed, containers etc....
I also work in transport as an office administrator/manager and have just passed my CPC. We will both looking for work as I will want to be full-time.

For me personally I will do any work as long as the pay is ok.........alcohol tasting comes to mind LOL

Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers in advance maysie

Nici
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:54 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kato33
For me personally I will do any work as long as the pay is ok.........alcohol tasting comes to mind LOL

Nici
It just so happens I have a few hours spare a week and I would also be interested in that line of work. Also quality control tasting in overpriced restuarants would be a useful sideline
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
It just so happens I have a few hours spare a week and I would also be interested in that line of work. Also quality control tasting in overpriced restuarants would be a useful sideline
Woohooooo

Where do we sign up then?

Thats the job for us Karoniuos.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:05 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Woohooooo

Where do we sign up then?

Thats the job for us Karoniuos.
I have a cunning plan, it involves eating lots then attempting to climb out of lavatory windows.............still up for it?.........yes, I thought you might be!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have a cunning plan, it involves eating lots then attempting to climb out of lavatory windows.............still up for it?.........yes, I thought you might be!

Oh you know me so well.

But being drunk means falling rather than climbing out.

Oh well, nothing I ain't use to.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:09 pm
conquering the world!

Oh you know me so well.

But being drunk means falling rather than climbing out.

Oh well, nothing I ain't use to.
But remember, lager makes the human body bounce when dropped from windows! That'll do for me
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

But remember, lager makes the human body bounce when dropped from windows! That'll do for me
I already bounce at a healthy size 14 thanks.
Its all the whiskey the OH pours down the throat, have to blame someone don't I.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weebossyboots
Hi there,
My husband is from Matamata and I stayed there (or close by on a farm) for 5 months. It is a very small country town, with a couple of primary schools, a couple of intermediates and Matamata College (High school). It has 2 (main) main streets - one with the post office and one that takes you through town. It is small and if you want to experience small town NZ then you won't be disappointed.

It seems to do well - it has a couple of family restaurants, take away places and a cafe. It even had a Burger King (if that's good or bad). There's a small supermarket but for bigger shopping and more choice your maybe better going to Hamilton which is about 40 minute drive away (I passed about 10 cars in rush hour on that very journey). There are hairdressers, a Farmers (clothes shop) and various others - couple of jewellers, stationary shop. I know there is an Angelican church and a Roman Catholic church if that's your thing.

It is a farmers town, being in the heart of the dairy capital. It's clean, relatively safe, and surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside. Housing is reasonably priced. There's even hot pools to soak away the stress of, well, not a lot really

It's about 1.5 hours drive to Rotorua (I think, memory getting a bit hazy) and about the same to Mount Maunganui and the beach.

I am trying to be impartial. I am moving to NZ in Oct/ Nov but we are moving to the Mount and not Matamata - mainly cos I have my heart set on being near the beach. My other choice would be Hamilton, which you may prefer and is a small (but much bigger than Matamata) university town.

Hope this helps a bit. But the choice is yours

Oh, yeah, there are earthquakes all over NZ. I don't know about there being 3-5 a day. i felt one the whole time I was there and it just felt like a lorry driving passed - nothing more.
Some of Boyfriend's family reside there - so I can second all of the above. I do not however, think these are good things. Boring, parochial, small-minded, depressing little oik of a town. And avoid the hot springs at all costs - I've never known anyone come out of there and not be ill, myself included. Disgusting muck holes. You can see I am not trying to be impartial! There is a quite nice restaurant there called the Workman's (honestly!) though. But quite frankly it's only nice because it's better than any other place around for several miles and only if you've become used to the many crap restaurants on offer in so many parts of NZ.

That said, it's only my opinion - and that really counts for nothing until you've seen it yourself and - and you'll only feel the same way about it if you are me...which you're not.

It's known locally as the farmer's retirement village. It's a good moniker. Are you a retired farmer? Do you want to be one?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mazi
Some of Boyfriend's family reside there - so I can second all of the above. I do not however, think these are good things. Boring, parochial, small-minded, depressing little oik of a town. And avoid the hot springs at all costs - I've never known anyone come out of there and not be ill, myself included. Disgusting muck holes. You can see I am not trying to be impartial! There is a quite nice restaurant there called the Workman's (honestly!) though. But quite frankly it's only nice because it's better than any other place around for several miles and only if you've become used to the many crap restaurants on offer in so many parts of NZ.

That said, it's only my opinion - and that really counts for nothing until you've seen it yourself and - and you'll only feel the same way about it if you are me...which you're not.

It's known locally as the farmer's retirement village. It's a good moniker. Are you a retired farmer? Do you want to be one?
Will steer clear then.

We are only young(ish) so need a bit of lifestyle.

cheers for the info
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Will steer clear then.

We are only young(ish) so need a bit of lifestyle.

cheers for the info
Don't steer clear on my account - you must see it for yourself.

But I see you're also toying with the Mount and similar places. Much better idea by the sounds of you.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

JoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura about

Way ahead of you for once.........LOL
Gail emails me weekily with the latest employment opportunities. I actually recieved an email from her this morning telling me that the salary is a bit low and I should look elsewhere, so AmLoolah, get house finding for me as we are coming over.
<shouts from the rooftops>
WE SOLD THE HOUSE LAST NIGHT
WooooHoooooo

Nici
Fantastic congratulations on selling your house!!

Jo x
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JoandDean
Fantastic congratulations on selling your house!!

Jo x
Cheers Jo.

Where you looking to go?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mazi
Don't steer clear on my account - you must see it for yourself.

But I see you're also toying with the Mount and similar places. Much better idea by the sounds of you.
I did check it out on google earth and it seems very remote. The other thing being we really want to be near a beach and it looks miles away on the map.

I will have a look when we get over but invaluable advice from you lot also means OH will not be taking that job just in case.