Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Massive dose of collie wobbles!

Massive dose of collie wobbles!

Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Massive dose of collie wobbles!

Yes, I'm sure it shouldn't be spelt like the sheep dog "Collie!" Passports have just arrived with the blue stickers and suddenly I'm thinking HELP ~ WHAT HAVE I DONE?. Is this normal? We now have one year to get the house sold and get over to NZ. Anyone else out there having a panic? The estate agent is confident the house will sell once the snow is gone so
Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:46 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Massive dose of collie wobbles!

having massive collie wobbles myself and we haven't even got our approval let alone the blue stickers. but fly out on 8th January with return tickets for June.
House sale fell through on day of exchange so thats a worry, dreading the long flight with 2 kids on tow, dreading the fact we might not get the ok in time for the kids to start school etc. but hey life isn't a rehearsal so why not give it a go, as some say "lets suck it and see"
Old Dec 20th 2011, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland soon to be North Shore Auckland
Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future

Its exciting but also scary - again we have to kids for the long haul flight but trying to think along the lines of if we time it right they could be sleeping for most of it

Since we got our stickers the realisation of what we are doing as hit home and I know we have def made the right choice. I'm sure when a move date is in sight I may panic but we have been planning this for so long I think its the waiting thats getting to me the most.

Good luck with your house sale (both Florabundi & Mrsfychan) you never know this time next year we could be all having a wee drinky in NZ laughing about it all.

'In life its better to regret what you have done not what you never did'
- not sure who actually coined this phrase (and I'm probably misquoting aswell) I only know it wasn't me hehe

Laura x
Old Dec 20th 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lejamez
Its exciting but also scary - again we have to kids for the long haul flight but trying to think along the lines of if we time it right they could be sleeping for most of it

Since we got our stickers the realisation of what we are doing as hit home and I know we have def made the right choice. I'm sure when a move date is in sight I may panic but we have been planning this for so long I think its the waiting thats getting to me the most.

Good luck with your house sale (both Florabundi & Mrsfychan) you never know this time next year we could be all having a wee drinky in NZ laughing about it all.

'In life its better to regret what you have done not what you never did'
- not sure who actually coined this phrase (and I'm probably misquoting aswell) I only know it wasn't me hehe

Laura x
Yep good luck to u all ...we r in the same position also ...its the selling the house which i can see as being an issue ,....but fingers crossed lady luck shines on us all :-) hopefully i will be there joining u all for a drink .....
keep us informed :-)
Old Dec 20th 2011, 5:46 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I am pleased to say that you are perfectly normal!

Happened to me when I booked the one way flight to NZ and completely out of the blue I began to wonder what the hell I was doing, why was I moving to the other side of the world and why hadn't I thought about this properly before I got to the point of buying a ticket!
I'm sure most of us go through that to a certain extent. It's such a major life change and it's so far away from family, friends and everything you're used to in life.
For me it lasted a few days and then I was ok but it gave Mr S a few worries
It will pass, try and see it as a normal part of dealing with change
Old Dec 20th 2011, 7:55 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

well good luck! we sold our house and went into rented before we applied to NZ
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

I had them, even though I was coming out to join my boys. I was still leaving daughter, grandson, mum and friends behind. Think it's only natural. Best of luck with everything. Will keep for you.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone Not looking so scary this morning. I guess the house sale is the biggest issue but there will be plenty more to worry about once we move over ~schools, jobs, house etc! Immigration seems to be a bit like bringing up kids ~ you get past one stage just to move on to the next set of worries! Confident it will be worth it ~ funny thing is, hubby and kids haven't worried once. Just hope they don't all decide to have a panic attack at the airport! Thanks for the support x