British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   MARMITE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/marmite-689874/)

Jo_Paul87 Oct 17th 2010 8:53 am

MARMITE

I knew that would attract the attention of Marmite lovers :) My 9yr old daughter loves the stuff and I buy the occasional small jar here which is expensive. The rellies are coming over next month - can they bring it over in their suitcase? Also DECENT GRAVY GRANULES (the ones that don't end up in a blob at the bottom of the jug) - can they bring these too!? Thanx :D

Stormer999 Oct 17th 2010 9:13 am

Re: MARMITE

Originally Posted by Jo_Paul87 (Post 8923614)
I knew that would attract the attention of Marmite lovers :) My 9yr old daughter loves the stuff and I buy the occasional small jar here which is expensive. The rellies are coming over next month - can they bring it over in their suitcase? Also DECENT GRAVY GRANULES (the ones that don't end up in a blob at the bottom of the jug) - can they bring these too!? Thanx :D

Sorry but Marmite does not travel very well......but we can send a photo of us eating it.....:p

nelsonpom Oct 17th 2010 9:28 am

Every time we go back or have people visit we get them to bring the biggest jar of marmite back, maf just smile when we say what it is :D

Margaret Parkinson Oct 17th 2010 9:33 am

We take Bisto Gravy Granules every time no problem.

June

adamlt1972 Oct 17th 2010 10:12 am

I may be shot down in flames here, but isnt "Our Mate" which they sell in Countdown here in Chch English Marmite exported under a different name (rather than that god awful stuff they call Marmite).

mickey_d Oct 17th 2010 10:28 am

Originally Posted by adamlt1972 (Post 8923716)
I may be shot down in flames here, but isnt "Our Mate" which they sell in Countdown here in Chch English Marmite exported under a different name (rather than that god awful stuff they call Marmite).

Certainly is:thumbup:

cappuccino Oct 17th 2010 10:49 am

1 Attachment(s)
Yukk, don't buy locally produced Marmite :thumbdown:
To avoid confusion, our local P&S have British imported Marmite with the labels covered :-)

nelsonpom Oct 17th 2010 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by adamlt1972 (Post 8923716)

Sure is which, but as Jo_paul says it is expensive and a very small jar. You can get huge jars in the UK :D

LukeandJo Oct 17th 2010 7:07 pm

The love or hate it persona runs to extremes!
People love it enough to import the stuff.

MattandJax Oct 18th 2010 4:18 am

you can bring it over , unopened. just declare it, and tell them what it is when asked. we brought a massive jar over with us too.

RobDon Oct 18th 2010 9:43 am

Pak n Save sell Bisto gravy granules in Rotorua. :thumbsup:
They are in the English Corner Shop selection. :thumbup:

MattandJax Oct 18th 2010 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 8925738)
Pak n Save sell Bisto gravy granules in Rotorua. :thumbsup:
They are in the English Corner Shop selection. :thumbup:

we have used these Bisto (onion) gravy granues from our P&S . theyre actually in a tin, rather than the cardboard and plastic cannister used in UK, and taste and work just fine

RobDon Oct 18th 2010 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by MattandJax (Post 8926885)
we have used these Bisto (onion) gravy granues from our P&S . theyre actually in a tin, rather than the cardboard and plastic cannister used in UK, and taste and work just fine

Ours are in the cardboard and plastic container same as the UK! :thumbup:

MattandJax Oct 19th 2010 12:36 am

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 8926966)
Ours are in the cardboard and plastic container same as the UK! :thumbup:

ah! probably because its not from the 'english corner section' just in usual part of supermarket... and probably cheaper then.?