Marlin Fishing!!!

Old May 20th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Marlin Fishing!!!

Since I am coming to one of the best places for Marlin fishing, it is definataly something I will be doing when I am there.

Could anyone tell me when the best time of year is? Costs? Contacts (Auckland)? Also would anyone like to meet up and join me?

Cheers
Old May 20th 2007, 10:40 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marlin Fishing!!!

Most fishing is done out of Northland or BOP.

I have always done fishing and a bit of hunting, but must admit when I saw a trophy marlin winched up in a Northland seaside town, it didn't seem right.

They are incredibly majestic animals. Why not stick to snapper and kingies.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Must admit I'm surprised they don't tag and release all marlin (I think it's about 50/50 take or release from what I've read).

Apparently Tutakaka and Bay Of Islands are the two hot spots and fishing has been pretty good this summer
Old May 21st 2007, 12:10 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with the tag and release crowd, if you going to fish for them at all.

I have seen them out in the wild when scuba diving. Magnificent!!!!!! Iridescent colours flashing and fast, vvvvv fast. Beautiful!
Old May 21st 2007, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

I fully agree with tag & release. All I want to do is catch one! As long as I get a photo, this will do me.