Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Marching On Together

Marching On Together

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:09 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Marching On Together

We have a rep from a removal firm coming round on Jan 11th to do a quote for us. Its only going to be a partial house clearance as we are not taking any beds or bedroom furniture (all flat pack).
We were just looking at our kitchen items and were wondering if its worth buying a bread maker as we here that its really expensive in NZ. Is it worth it or not really cost effective.
We are taking the cooker, upright fridge freezer, dish washer and front loader. Not sure about a microwave yet. Mrs wimpy said she read on here a while back that its recommended to remove any new electrical items from there original packaging. Thoughts anyone
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Lilly belle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marching On Together

Hi wimpy,
I cant really help with your question but would be keen to no an approx quote, as we will be in a similar situation only taking certain items which wouldnt need a 20ft container more like 10/15ft.

We have allocated £2000 im hoping this will be enough!! We dont go til July so removal companies are not really interested in quoting for us.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:07 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

I will let you know as soon as he has quoted
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:46 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wimpy

Can't help with the quote I'm afraid. Why are you not bringing the beds? I got quite bad sticker shock here when I saw furniture prices, so am extremely relieved we brought everything, even though we only used 27 feet of a 40-foot container.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:57 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

Originally Posted by Maz
Hi wimpy

Can't help with the quote I'm afraid. Why are you not bringing the beds? I got quite bad sticker shock here when I saw furniture prices, so am extremely relieved we brought everything, even though we only used 27 feet of a 40-foot container.
Crap beds really
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:59 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wimpy
Crap beds really
Alrighty, fair enough!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Crap beds really
Crap beds or well used?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:11 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

Cheeky, mine is but not the kids
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Whatever size container you finally end up with, cram it to the gunnels. Bring everything. Absolutely everything. If you can get the crap beds in , then do so. Cr*p beds are expensive here when you are earning NZ $. Also, cr*p here means cr*p.
Yes. Buy the bread maker there in the UK. Keep the microwave.
Not sure about the cooker. Is it electric?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

carriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nice

I agree, bring everything everything and more, I cringe when I think how much we gave away...could have made a killing on trade me. Bring everything electrical..just need to change plugs or buy a few 4 socket extension leads and change one plug! We didnt bring oven...in retrospect wouldnt have been worth it, it was gas oven which are very rare here, you can get gas hobs but mainly electric oven. Not all houses have piped gas and its expensive compared to electricity. If you are coming to Welly will you have room for a slab of Batchelors processed peas....husband addicted and has withdrawel symtoms!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:38 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by carriem41
If you are coming to Welly will you have room for a slab of Batchelors processed peas....husband addicted and has withdrawel symtoms!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:07 am
Bouncer For Mothercare

Originally Posted by carriem41
I agree, bring everything everything and more, I cringe when I think how much we gave away...could have made a killing on trade me. Bring everything electrical..just need to change plugs or buy a few 4 socket extension leads and change one plug! We didnt bring oven...in retrospect wouldnt have been worth it, it was gas oven which are very rare here, you can get gas hobs but mainly electric oven. Not all houses have piped gas and its expensive compared to electricity. If you are coming to Welly will you have room for a slab of Batchelors processed peas....husband addicted and has withdrawel symtoms!

Think we could help you with that as long as its ok to sneak them in, are they the boxed ones
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Think we could help you with that as long as its ok to sneak them in, are they the boxed ones
They look just like packets of Paxo Stuffing. I'll pay for the postage NI to SI