many thanks

Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default many thanks

thank you everyone who has given us advice regarding emigrating.
it was our initial hope to go to usa but due to such regulations and loopholes
and thinking of our children we had to think again.
we were left with canada and new zealand. my husband did enquiries on vancouver as he had been told it was nice there plenty of employment and so he made the enquiries. I had though on what i was told liked the sound of new zealand and after several enquires due to my husbands age and occupation and childrens ages was told that new zealand would be a high risk and my husbands occupation etc and other details would after enquiries would definately get us to australia or canada. so we will have to do some serious thinking thank you all
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: many thanks

Originally Posted by bird family
thank you everyone who has given us advice regarding emigrating.
it was our initial hope to go to usa but due to such regulations and loopholes
and thinking of our children we had to think again.
we were left with canada and new zealand. my husband did enquiries on vancouver as he had been told it was nice there plenty of employment and so he made the enquiries. I had though on what i was told liked the sound of new zealand and after several enquires due to my husbands age and occupation and childrens ages was told that new zealand would be a high risk and my husbands occupation etc and other details would after enquiries would definately get us to australia or canada. so we will have to do some serious thinking thank you all
This Kiwi says .... Chin up and don't give up striving for a life you want for your family wherever it takes you. Who knows in the long term you may well end up here in NZ via Aus or you could have the best of both worlds = better wages in Aus giving you funds to visit NZ often.

From my observations only, I think it must be hard sorting the chaff from the wheat when it comes to advice on message boards as one size never fits all.

Good luck and be happy.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:04 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I had thought on what i was told liked the sound of new zealand and after several enquires due to my husbands age and occupation...
You have stated your husband is 49. If he had skills that New Zealand needs, it's no problem. Stop rabbiting on about that.

...and childrens ages was told that new zealand would be a high risk
True about not being able to couple your application with your adult children unless they are younger than 24 and you can provide evidence of them being dependent upon you for support. This risk thing you are banging on about...does your husband have health problems or legal problems that are likely to be a drain on New Zealand's resources?
...and my husband's occupation etc and other details would after enquiries would definitely get us to australia or canada. so we will have to do some serious thinking thank you all
At age 49 I think you can kiss permanent residency to Aussie goodbye (unless you are connected or absolutely minted). Canada, I dunno.

I think you might want to consider staying where you are and making the most of what you currently have.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
This Kiwi says .... Chin up and don't give up striving for a life you want for your family wherever it takes you. Who knows in the long term you may well end up here in NZ via Aus or you could have the best of both worlds = better wages in Aus giving you funds to visit NZ often.

From my observations only, I think it must be hard sorting the chaff from the wheat when it comes to advice on message boards as one size never fits all.

Good luck and be happy.
thank you for your reply
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:39 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happynz
You have stated your husband is 49. If he had skills that New Zealand needs, it's no problem. Stop rabbiting on about that.

True about not being able to couple your application with your adult children unless they are younger than 24 and you can provide evidence of them being dependent upon you for support. This risk thing you are banging on about...does your husband have health problems or legal problems that are likely to be a drain on New Zealand's resources?
At age 49 I think you can kiss permanent residency to Aussie goodbye (unless you are connected or absolutely minted). Canada, I dunno.

I think you might want to consider staying where you are and making the most of what you currently have.
Incorrect - it's possible to get an employer sponsored 457 or permanent residency over the age of 45.

My advice, for what it's worth, to anyone considering NZ is to look at Oz first.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:48 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nerine
Incorrect - it's possible to get an employer sponsored 457 or permanent residency over the age of 45.
Possible, perhaps, but is it realistic?

My advice, for what it's worth, to anyone considering NZ is to look at Oz first.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

was told that my husband would be ok to go to canada regarding his occupation and age.no health problems or legal problems . thanks for reply
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

thank you for reply
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

hi i was initially told that nz wanted crane drivers, plumbers , etc so thats why i kept mentioning it . my husband doesnt have health problem.but from enquiries looks like weve enough points and with my husbands skills can be eligable for canada. thank you for input.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

hi i was initially told that nz wanted crane drivers, plumbers , etc so thats why i kept mentioning it . my husband doesnt have health problem.but from enquiries looks like weve enough points and with my husbands skills can be eligable for canada. thank you for input.

Crane Drivers are on the Immediate shortage list as are scaffolders

Plumbers are on the Long Term Shortage List.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Crane Drivers are on the Immediate shortage list as are scaffolders

Plumbers are on the Long Term Shortage List.
yes but not apparantly a occupation to get permanent residency into nz we had replies back from research we done on this.thats why they say its high risk because my husbands age, his job etc. never mind thanks anyway for your input all of which i have taken note of.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have bumped THIS THREAD in the Canadian forum for you.

With the NZ immediate shortage list and Crane Driver.

Your husband could look to find employment with an accredited employer. He will need to earn a salary of $50K. He could then be sponsored by the employer to apply for PR.

Or

He could find work and come in on a 3 year work permit. He could then look to 'up' the level of his work to Senior Crane Driver /Manager etc. He may already be at this level.
From this he could apply for PR. His employer would need to show that there is no suitable NZ resident for the position and seek an approval in principle.

With the plumber. NVQ 2 isn't fully qualified. NVQ 3 is. For NZ he should look to complete an NVQ3 and show 5 years work experience . This does not preclude him from applying for PR with just the NVQ2 . He could do this by finding a job offer and applying with points for that.

Should the plumber gain PR, then in theory the crane driver could have applied for renewable work permits over the course of five years simply to live and work in NZ with his family member - the plumber.
Once the plumber had 5 years PR under his belt he could have sponsored the family member - crane driver - for PR under the family category.

Have you considered somewhere in Europe? Perhaps Oz would be the safer bet overall when looking at hurdles to overcome .

Anyway. Best of luck with your quest to emigrate. I do hope you are successful.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:52 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

What??

Are you saying people should only come to New Zealand if they can't get into Australia??

There's negativity for you!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

After witnessing how condescending a number of Australian people were face to face towards some Kiwis i was there with a few weeks back you can keep the people thanks............

Didn't see a huge amount of whats a huge country but the bit i saw flying from Brisbane to Melbourne on a clear day and driving from there to Phillip Island.....NZ gets the countryside vote........

Also not sure 40+ degreesC in summer time, despite me liking to sunbath with beer in hand, is tolerable.

NZ and Kiwis it is then............

Last edited by teambwr47; Oct 31st 2007 at 11:12 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:29 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Phillip Island.....
Did you see the Penguin Pararde? It was the one thing during my recent OZ holiday that I was really impressed with.

Wellington pretends to have the same little Penguins but I'm pretty sure it's a sub-urban myth....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.