manchester expo

Old Feb 20th 2012, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

pcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to all
Default manchester expo

anyone expirienced the expo exhibitions?thinking of going to one in march,any input positive or negative thankyou...
Old Feb 20th 2012, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: manchester expo

went to one at Gmex in 2008, didnt find it very helpful
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:12 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go just to get free information, take down shipping company details, insurance companies etc. Don't expect to much and DO NOT sign up to an Immigration Advisor or shell out any money for anything.
EOI and ITA can both be done by yourself, you just need to read the instructions carefully, submit every darn piece of paperwork that could possibly have any bearing on a decision and come on here for advice.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

I went to the Manchester Expo in November 2010 and it was rubbish, but I may go to the next one and bring my CV etc just in case!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I'd go just to get free information, take down shipping company details, insurance companies etc. Don't expect to much and DO NOT sign up to an Immigration Advisor or shell out any money for anything.
EOI and ITA can both be done by yourself, you just need to read the instructions carefully, submit every darn piece of paperwork that could possibly have any bearing on a decision and come on here for advice.
Unless you're trying for a LTBV....a might harder to do on your own
Old Feb 21st 2012, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Disagree, we looked into a LTBV and most of it is doable yourself, the money an immigration agent will charge for a LTBV is over £6K - if you are really stuck to do the forecasting, business plan etc, get all your facts and figures together and contact an accountant who would charge a lot less and probably do a better job.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't bother at all

I went to one in Manchester (Working In) and it was a waste of time. I could have obtained all the research required at home.

Bank accounts can be done at home as they usually only have one bank there (normally ASB who aren't that bad). One estate agent (do not sign up for them!!!!!), one shipping removal company and one pet transport. I say do not sign or give your details out to the estate agent as your inbox will get flooded with mails about Nelson, nothing about other areas.

One word of advice, if you have a job offer - go with their immigration team. My big mistake was forking out 750 quid to use WorkingIn which whilst was going ok, went pear shaped when a visa issue came up. Had to stop using them and went with the companies team, of course it got sorted within a few weeks.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

On our visits we have met loads of people who said the expo"s were a waste of time and did it by themselves. My daughter and hubby went to one in London and said they wished they had not bothered. You can get all the information you want on here. Everyone is willing to help I am sure.

June
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

The last Expo we went to, was in Manchester, the time before that was Leeds. Thats when you paid for 1 entry and got the 2nd entry for free.

Manchester was catering for NZ, Australia and Canada at the same venue.

In comparison, NZ were a small collection of a Bank, Pet shipping, Pension transfer, House shipping and recruitment companies all for the Medial profession.

So from our point it was a waste of entry price, and not so many "Freebies" either.

Ian.