Making the move

Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

loutho will become famous soon enoughloutho will become famous soon enough
Smile Making the move

Hi, I am Louise and am married to Richard, we have three beautiful girls aged 7 years, 6 years and 9 months and are thinking of making the move to NZ, possibly Bay of Plenty region, though do have rels in Hamilton. We both work for the NHS, i am a general nurse and rich is an ODP. Providing neither of us are working, we are going to go to the Expo in London in Oct to try to pick up some info and meet with potenial employers.
Would be great if anyone who has any advise to offer on anything they think is relevant could get in touch.
Thanks Louise
Old Sep 16th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Making the move

Hi Louise & family,
Welcome to the forum,plenty of advise and information here,just ask away!!

Helen
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi loutho

welcome to the site

with regards

kirstie
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loutho
Hi, I am Louise and am married to Richard, we have three beautiful girls aged 7 years, 6 years and 9 months and are thinking of making the move to NZ, possibly Bay of Plenty region, though do have rels in Hamilton. We both work for the NHS, i am a general nurse and rich is an ODP. Providing neither of us are working, we are going to go to the Expo in London in Oct to try to pick up some info and meet with potenial employers.
Would be great if anyone who has any advise to offer on anything they think is relevant could get in touch.
Thanks Louise

Hi Louise

Welcome to our little world I'm a student nurse and qualify next year and my hubby Dave is a student studying in a degree in IT, we also are hopefully gonna jump ship of the NHS and give our 2 daughters a better life. We're going to an expo a week on Sunday so hopefully we will get a lot of questions answered!!

Regards Gaynor x
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Making the move

Originally Posted by Animal Crackers

Hi Louise

Welcome to our little world I'm a student nurse and qualify next year and my hubby Dave is a student studying in a degree in IT, we also are hopefully gonna jump ship of the NHS and give our 2 daughters a better life. We're going to an expo a week on Sunday so hopefully we will get a lot of questions answered!!

Regards Gaynor x
Thanks Gaynor,
we have been looking back at some of the old threads on this site so have managed to glean some info from them. What expo are you going to ?
Kind regards Louise
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi loutho

welcome to the site

with regards

kirstie
Thanks Kirstie, Do you have a date to move or any idea whereabouts you want to/would like to go?
regards Louise
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hjmilligan
Hi Louise & family,
Welcome to the forum,plenty of advise and information here,just ask away!!

Helen
Hi Helen, how long ago did you make the move?, did you move with family or on your own? what line of work are you in, or are you lucky enough to not have to work? are you glad you made the move (i presume from UK??). Think that's enough nosiness for now!!
Thanks Louise
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi loutho

we want to go to Invercargill or surrounding area. paul is an electrician, and i am a buyer and we are hoping to go in the spring we are applying for permanent residency and at the moment we are in the process of completing our ITA, we dont have any children just the 2 of us and 2 cats who are coming with us. we go for our medicals tomorrow, we are just deciding when to put our house up for sale as we dont want to be left homeless incase for some reason we dont get our visa, as we want to sell it fully furnished.
there are a lot of people in the medical profession on here who i am sure will be willing to share their knowledge and experiences with you

with regards

kirstie
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi loutho

we want to go to Invercargill or surrounding area. paul is an electrician, and i am a buyer and we are hoping to go in the spring we are applying for permanent residency and at the moment we are in the process of completing our ITA, we dont have any children just the 2 of us and 2 cats who are coming with us. we go for our medicals tomorrow, we are just deciding when to put our house up for sale as we dont want to be left homeless incase for some reason we dont get our visa, as we want to sell it fully furnished.
there are a lot of people in the medical profession on here who i am sure will be willing to share their knowledge and experiences with you

with regards

kirstie
Hi Kirstie, Good luck with all your plans, hope you do not end up homeless before you recieve your visa etc. We havn't applied yet for anything, got to finish things here at home (new ceiling to one room and a new kitchen!) plus we want to clear our loans before we go in order to retain as much equity if we sell, or rent our home. Unsure what to do, reading ang hearing off various people, conflicting advice! Guess only w can decide what we feel is best for us. Think we will have to rehome our two cats and dog! Hopefully family or friends will help out here!! Good luck with everything, louise x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

hi louise

thankyou, we would not take an offer on the house til we know that we have got the visas as we have done a lot of work to it,
good luck with yours as well

with regards

kirstie
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Louise

Welcome to the forum Louise.
We both worked for the NHS, I'm an RN, we've been here since last June.
If there's anything I can help you with just shout.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:52 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Louise,
welcome on to the forum, there are so many lovely people on here with a huge wealth of experience and knowledge, you are sure to find it helpful, I have. Its a nice way of feeling not so alone when getting to NZ, as its always going to be possible to meet some expats that you have had contact with on here.
Marika x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Making the move

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Boopy,
As we are not looking to actually move for around 2 years, just wondering how long did the process take you both from start to finish, unsure when we should actually start this process!! Did you have a job lined up before you went or not?Private health provider/emlpoyer or state? The list of questions is endless but will leave it at that for now. Any regrets??
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Thanks Gaynor,
we have been looking back at some of the old threads on this site so have managed to glean some info from them. What expo are you going to ?
Kind regards Louise

Hi Louise
It's on Saturday and Sunday at York Racecourse, so hopefully we will come away with a mind of info
Kind regards Gaynor x
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Boopy

Just reading your posting and my eyes blinged open when you said you are an RN, I'm qualifying next Sept and my husband completes his degree in It in 2 years and then it's full steam ahead for moving etc. Can you tell me how you find working in the NZ hospiatls in comparison to sunny England. How did you find employment, did you go through an agency prior to moving and can you honestly say how you are feeling about the whole thing? Sorry if I seem nosey