Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Making Kiwi Mates - What's the Secret?

Making Kiwi Mates - What's the Secret?

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:35 am

Hoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Making Kiwi Mates - What's the Secret?

Originally Posted by Dolores
As yes Hoyo.................but is it termed a 'debate' if neither side is listening to each other
I am listening to you! Mate, good on you, for at least putting across your views - don't let anybody rattle you, it's only the internet!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Dolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really nice

LOL................well you could rightly call it a 'debate' then Hoyo!!

But please anyone (this is not worth starting a new thread for) if anyone has any questions or needs any information - please don't hesitate to ask
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:38 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
No. And it gets really tiresome hearing the 'opinion' line.

I found disagreeable the way you attacked the poster, who I believe was actually giving the rest of us who are interested in forging positive and lasting friendships with Kiwis some very useful and informative advice. The poster wasn't laying down any kind of law but simply stating ways in which we could view things from the 'local' perspective. Telling the poster to 'get over it' and such was really not called for especially as she had actually gone to the trouble of answering the OP in a constructive and non-biased way.

This thread really doesn't need to degenerate as so many do.
So old boy, is this not just your opinion ?

You are entitled to disagree with me and I promise you I will not lose any sleep over it.

Sorry mate ( see I can act Kiwi !!!) , but starting to dig up the history and the whole colonial thing is just a tired excuse. You call that constructive - I don’t

The latest excuse is lame English referees.

Mind you a few English have used that one since the Boks took the cup ! :
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:43 am

Hoyo is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL................well you could rightly call it a 'debate' then Hoyo!!

But please anyone (this is not worth starting a new thread for) if anyone has any questions or needs any information - please don't hesitate to ask
No worries - it is very "PC" this board, you see we all have to live in perfect harmony with each other...otherwise they get shut down. Simple economics really - bad for business. Mark my words!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:46 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by happynz
Many of the Asians that you see in Auckland's CBD are English language students, so I think at least they are having a go at learning English. How's your Chinese, bub?
If I decide to move to China I will let you know
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Campbells
If I decide to move to China I will let you know
I thought as a family we had for a while......

We have been living until the last week in Howick otherwise known by KIWIS we've met as 'Chowick'.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:02 am
Banned

Yes, I see how some people could be confused by that - I will edit my post

It is okay really.

We do understand you are a Kiwi and therefore is ok to be wrong sometimes

Maybe you just been out of NZ too long, that's what happens when folk leave NZ to work overseas in search of better salaries

Just remember this is a Brit ex-pat site so you can have a sense of humour, nobody will think you are trying to be Arab.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:03 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread nearly set me off on a rant, but whats the point? Just a quick question though.. what ever happened to just being nice to people and accepting that we are not all the same, and truthfully how much difference do other people really make to your lives?? Nothing like mass generalisation of different cultures most of whom you have never met. Me i treat everyone the same, and as individuals not based on their ethnic background and hope that they will have the respect to do the same for me, if they don't well, their loss..

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dustybin
This thread nearly set me off on a rant, but whats the point? Just a quick question though.. what ever happened to just being nice to people and accepting that we are not all the same, and truthfully how much difference do other people really make to your lives?? Nothing like mass generalisation of different cultures most of whom you have never met. Me i treat everyone the same, and as individuals not based on their ethnic background and hope that they will have the respect to do the same for me, if they don't well, their loss..

Give the man a biscuit, big gold star sticker and go to the top of the class...

To many here want to analyse far to much..........
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by niseysOH
I thought as a family we had for a while......

We have been living until the last week in Howick otherwise known by KIWIS we've met as 'Chowick'.

Love it !!

Packs me up to hear the shop assistants

Yeah, yeah yeah, yeah,

Yip, yip, yip

Kuhl

Sweet as

Two dollah

No wollies.

Gotta give it to them, the’re onto it !!

Good on them
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Sweet as
The most annoying "saying" I have ever heard in my life, definitely a punchable offence
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mickey_d
The most annoying "saying" I have ever heard in my life, definitely a punchable offence
Yeahh, yeah, yeah.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:24 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hoyo
How many times can you read a thread where everyone is busy patting themselves smugly on the back?

I counted...
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

sol133 has a spectacular aura aboutsol133 has a spectacular aura aboutsol133 has a spectacular aura about

Ooh 'eck....looks like I'm in for some bother!
Nah, you're a women you'll be alright.[/QUOTE]

Don't like to contradict a bloke, but being a woman makes it worse! We aren't supposed to have opinions, and if we should acquire some, god forbid we make them known. I've always struggled with this, though, for some reason...
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:48 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

My overall opinion on how to make kiwi mates is....become an identikit Kiwi!!!!

That means, losing your accent, losing an "Opinion", losing the desire to "talk shite or take the piss" - keep yer mouth SHUT and you'll be right, losing your "British" identity, losing any strong opinions you may have..
I've just realised... I'm f@@ked
What on earth has happened to the Empire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.