British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   This makes me happy! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/makes-me-happy-737738/)

chippy64 Nov 3rd 2011 5:01 am

This makes me happy!

2 Attachment(s)
This is my youngest boy, who has been living in ChCh for 6 months now. He has given his new life 10 out of 10.

Yes, I miss him, his brother and my husband terribly but seeing pictures like this make me happy! He was on a very slippery slope in the UK and I am proud he has turned his life around. If that means living 12000 miles away and not seeing him for 6 months, then so be it!

love30stm Nov 3rd 2011 5:46 am

Re: This makes me happy!

Why are you in the uk??

BEVS Nov 3rd 2011 6:08 am

They can't sell the UK house.

I agree Chippy64. If the lads are doing well, having a positive new life and settling , then it does make it all worth it.

MrsFychan Nov 3rd 2011 8:38 am

hopefully won't be too long now

florabundi Nov 3rd 2011 11:13 am

Good on you Chippy ~ that's real love :wub: Fingers crossed your house sells very soon and you will all be together again.

love30stm Nov 3rd 2011 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by florabundi (Post 9712239)
Good on you Chippy ~ that's real love :wub: Fingers crossed your house sells very soon and you will all be together again.

+ 1

waikatoguy Nov 3rd 2011 8:33 pm

That's great Chippy. Happy for your son. :thumbup:

j19fmm Nov 3rd 2011 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 9711842)
This is my youngest boy, who has been living in ChCh for 6 months now. He has given his new life 10 out of 10.

Yes, I miss him, his brother and my husband terribly but seeing pictures like this make me happy! He was on a very slippery slope in the UK and I am proud he has turned his life around. If that means living 12000 miles away and not seeing him for 6 months, then so be it!

What amazing photos chippy, fantastic news for a mum eh? :wub:

chippy64 Nov 6th 2011 7:08 pm

Ta everyone for the lovely comments. Yes, it is hard but, like I said, he was on a very slippery slope in the UK. He gives his new life 10 out of 10, has made some good friends and has a full time job, which he secured less than a week after arriving in ChCh.

Just need to join them all now! :thumbsup:

shirl Nov 6th 2011 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 9717837)
Ta everyone for the lovely comments. Yes, it is hard but, like I said, he was on a very slippery slope in the UK. He gives his new life 10 out of 10, has made some good friends and has a full time job, which he secured less than a week after arriving in ChCh.

Just need to join them all now! :thumbsup:

Yes I know what you mean, my son was on a very slippery slope in the UK, then he met an American, fell in love and now lives there. Best move he ever made, he is now married and has a little boy of his own and has turned into an admirable man. He could have turned out very very different. Hope you are all together soon. Those pictures look like somewhere up near the Summit Road but that was closed wasn't it since the quakes, is this taken further down where the houses are?

Persephone Nov 7th 2011 12:58 am

Glad your son has turned his life around. It's been a tough year for him as well having to cope with all the 'problems' here in Chch as well as settle into a new life with only one of his parents.
I hope you're very proud!
Looking forward to seeing your 'This makes me even happier' post when you finally get that house sold:)

chippy64 Nov 7th 2011 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by shirl (Post 9718022)
Those pictures look like somewhere up near the Summit Road but that was closed wasn't it since the quakes, is this taken further down where the houses are?

He thinks so! Bless him - still not over familiar with the geography :)