Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

the main reason people leave new zealand is a lack of.......

the main reason people leave new zealand is a lack of.......

Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:45 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the main reason people leave new zealand is a lack of.......

Originally Posted by sky
yup pickled onions here are very sweet here , I've seen chow chow so will buy some next time I do the shop
Don't forget to stick it in the fridge to get the best taste

You should be able to get decent pickled onions there, may have to try a few diff brands.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:08 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I've never said anything in public about the sausages before but... can I just say one word???

YEUCK!

Not ONE, not even ONE type of sausage have I liked and I've tried loads. When we were in Ireland hubby used to love M&S sausages but I hated them - they were 'hard'. Now I know why he liked them. Oooh Yeuck! I'm not a great sausage lover anyway but.. the sausages here are vile. No other word for it. For me anyway. Obviously millions of people like them but I only like 'soft' sausages with no lumps of gristle - oooh yeuck again! . I'm told that's because they're full of fat but who cares? They taste lovely. And the texture is right. For me. I'll never have a sausage again

And for the problems with beer? Drink vodka
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:17 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty

Ok
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:18 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Ok
Is that a face with ciggies? Looks just like me after half a bottle!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:24 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a face with ciggies? Looks just like me after half a bottle!
Looks like me now
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:25 am
By name and by nature

Originally Posted by sky
Looks like me now
snap!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

snap!

Geez and me....gotta quit again...soon!!!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Now you're talking
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:38 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

I'm drinking what appears to be flat Guiness and it's the true Irish stuff bought in OZ

OZ beer in the main is rubbish though some of their premium beers are good.

Most NZ beer is good full stop.

As for sausages: come here and try what's on offer, you will soon be singing the praises of kiwi sausages LOL
Old Mar 17th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poppets
Now you're talking
or Tequilla.......ooh baby!!!
Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:43 am
livewire

Oh no, the sausages are every bit as bad as TT says they are, I for one will never be singing the praise of the kiwi sausage.

We could do with a decent sausage like the Porkinson Banger here, it would take NZ by storm. And while we're on the subject some decent, proper bacon would go down a treat too thanks .

Old Mar 18th 2006, 8:14 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livewire
Oh no, the sausages are every bit as bad as TT says they are, I for one will never be singing the praise of the kiwi sausage.

We could do with a decent sausage like the Porkinson Banger here, it would take NZ by storm. And while we're on the subject some decent, proper bacon would go down a treat too thanks .
My husband was just saying that tonite. We haven't had a proper fry up since we came here, so i went shopping for some bacon and eggs, sausages, baked beans and the like. Stood there for ages trying to find bacon and sausages that took my fancy....hard choice though. One thing I miss about being back home. Tesco.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 9:53 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
My husband was just saying that tonite. We haven't had a proper fry up since we came here, so i went shopping for some bacon and eggs, sausages, baked beans and the like. Stood there for ages trying to find bacon and sausages that took my fancy....hard choice though. One thing I miss about being back home. Tesco.
waitrose for me

Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I've never said anything in public about the sausages before but... can I just say one word???

YEUCK!

Not ONE, not even ONE type of sausage have I liked and I've tried loads. When we were in Ireland hubby used to love M&S sausages but I hated them - they were 'hard'. Now I know why he liked them. Oooh Yeuck! I'm not a great sausage lover anyway but.. the sausages here are vile. No other word for it. For me anyway. Obviously millions of people like them but I only like 'soft' sausages with no lumps of gristle - oooh yeuck again! . I'm told that's because they're full of fat but who cares? They taste lovely. And the texture is right. For me. I'll never have a sausage again

Have to agree with this.... we have found some edible sausages from our local butcher but sometimes they are better than other times.... not very consistent quality. I miss the good old Lincolnshire sausages that I used to buy!!