MAF Problems!

Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:42 am
Just Joined

PNC2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MAF Problems!

Hi all,

Myself and the wife are moving to NZ in May and will be shipping a couple sets of golf clubs and my road bike which is used for duathlons/triathlons. They will be impeccably cleaned but still worried about having them stopped by MAF being hit for another charge! Has anyone experienced any problems with MAF with these items???

Thanks

Pat
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Re: MAF Problems!

As long as the items are cleaned and free of any mud or organic material they will be fine, the worst that they can do is decontaminate them and charge you for it. The alternative would be to destry the item. You get to choose.

We brought in several items of interest to them. Out of over 20 boxes they wanted to inspect they only found a few things a miss. We missed one pine cone and they took brand new sealed in the boxes fishing flies and spinners. Not too sure why when we asked he just said they were banned/not allowed. We did try to reason with him stating they he broke the seal as the were brand new. It fell on deaf ears unfortunately. (Think he may have swipped they for his own use).
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PNC2008
Hi all,

Myself and the wife are moving to NZ in May and will be shipping a couple sets of golf clubs and my road bike which is used for duathlons/triathlons. They will be impeccably cleaned but still worried about having them stopped by MAF being hit for another charge! Has anyone experienced any problems with MAF with these items???

Thanks

Pat
hi they like you to clean with jeyes fluid as well, when we cleaned our tools and bikes i just sprayed jeyes fluid on them to smell and they were ok, only thing he picked on was garden pots some had leaves in that packers missed,i cleaned and painted my garden tools as well
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Hi

I brought out 3 bikes and a set of golf clubs. All the items were opened by MAFF and inspected without any problems. It took days and a toothbrush to clean each bike and a liberal spray of Jeys fluid at the end.

The things they picked on was the dogs bedding and their crate (apparently it had dog hair on it ), a garden shredder and some other bits. Cost us $300 which we did not think was too bad, as the shredder was cleaner than when we bought it from Argos
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks

Pat
No, we cleaned everything meticulously and disinfected it. No probs with MAF at all.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks

Pat
Hi, we came over October and had about 35 boxes to keep for MAF inspection including golf clubs, cycles, pedal bin, hoover and lots of tools. Sailed through with only a cursory glance but as we had spent hours cleaning everything we owned with the disgusting Jeyes fluid they were all fine I too missed a sprayed pine cone but they just took it away Good luck. Bevissa
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:50 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

MAF will decide from your packers list which items/boxes they are interested in inspecting, if any, and will inform your removal firm of the numbers (every item/box you ship is numbered and given a brief description and you will get a copy of this list). When your container arrives at your home you will be given the removal companies list with the items MAF want to inspect highlighted. As they take the boxes from the container into your house you tick each box number of the list so you can check you have everything. Highlighted items on the list should be put to one side separately, say in the garage, for the MAF inspectors.

MAF wanted to see 55 boxes of ours. Their charge was $485 for coming out to inspect them. We had garden pots/equipment, 2 sets of golf clubs, 3x bikes, tools, BBQ, chimnea etc. We had spent weeks cleaning and repainting items. We washed all golf clubs separately AND the golf bags (MAF are particularly interested in anything that has come into contact with the soil).

All passed inspection with no additional charge to the inspection fee of $485.

If MAF choose to inspect some/all of your items there will be a fee - you can't avoid that. By making sure everything is clean, dirt, rust, seed, cobweb etc free you can avoid any additional charges for fumigation/cleaning by MAF.