Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

MAF - dried flowers

MAF - dried flowers

Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:40 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MAF - dried flowers

I thought I would put this in a separate thread because of the information it contains. What a bloody nice email I have had from MAF regarding bringing dried flowers into NZ.

Hi Kate

If the flowers are preserved, sealed in frame and do not contain any
seeds, then I don't envisage any problems in bringing them to NZ with
you. However, the decision would ultimately rest with the inspecting
officer so make sure that you declare them on your customs manifest - if
they can be packed in an easily accessible place it would be a great
help. Can you let us know which flowers you are preserving - there are
quite a few species that are allowed.

Treatment is available if deemed necessary but I don't really think it
would be required.

The following web pages contain some useful information about the do's
and don'ts of bringing things to NZ:

http://www.maf.govt.nz/quarantine/personal-effects/index.htm

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/personal-travel-belongings-and-mail

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/imports/animals/standards/ediproic.all.htm

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact us
again.

Good luck with the move - and welcome to NZ!
Got a warm fuzzy feeling now - how nice!

Kate.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:53 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MAF - dried flowers

Originally Posted by dreamfish
I thought I would put this in a separate thread because of the information it contains. What a bloody nice email I have had from MAF regarding bringing dried flowers into NZ.

Got a warm fuzzy feeling now - how nice!

Kate.
That's lovely isn't it. How did the interview go?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
That's lovely isn't it. How did the interview go?
dp reckoned it was a breeze. firs they ask a load of security questions - I would have failed those, i can never remember my daughter's birthdays! their main interest was around support in NZ, from family and friends, how would we make friends, and what would i do while dp was at work. she said she needs to get our application countersigned by her colleague and we will hear within the week.

what does that suggest to you???!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:59 am

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

dp reckoned it was a breeze. firs they ask a load of security questions - I would have failed those, i can never remember my daughter's birthdays! their main interest was around support in NZ, from family and friends, how would we make friends, and what would i do while dp was at work. she said she needs to get our application countersigned by her colleague and we will hear within the week.

I think you're in.

...unless any answers were along the nutter lines of "friends - we don't have any nor want any. people are a big problem in the world thesedays. we hate people" or " whilst I'm at work?...I'm not planning on working to support my own family I like others to do that" haha ha!

p.s. dp??? darling partner?

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Mar 15th 2007 at 10:04 am.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:05 am

I think you're in.

...unless any answers were along the nutter lines of "friends - we don't have any nor want any. people are a big problem in the world thesedays. we hate people" or " whilst I'm at work?...I'm not planning on working to support my own family I like others to do that" haha ha!

p.s. dp??? darling partner?
i wouldnt go that far - dear partner

Thats Lee to you and me
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:09 am

Thats Lee to you and me
I see, thanks. Yes I thought it was Lee, but was unsure about the 'dp'!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I see, thanks. Yes I thought it was Lee, but was unsure about the 'dp'!
I just worked out what the dp was..... I post on a mothers forum too.... now that is confusing... took me ages to work some of those abbreviations out!

Good news about the flowers then!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:01 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thats Lee to you and me
The 'd' can always stand for something else.

That's a lovely e-mail to get! I dig the "Welcome to NZ" in it, too, how nice. Sounds like the interview went really well, many congrats!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Looking Good,

They said the same to us that the ITA had to counter-signed by a colleague and that we too would hear within the week.

It actually took 10 days but the answer was yes! So I think they would have said if there was a problem -

Good luck
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Steve Horrell will become famous soon enough

Thats Lee to you and me
Hi Kate

count us mad military Poms as friends or nutters - all the same to us!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Kate you've had your interviews already?! Sounds like the bolly will be bought soon. I'm so happy for you! They've taken less than a month to sort you out with a visa?!!

Fingers crossed NZIS allocate a CO to us soon now you and 'Kev&Sarah' have relieved them of a job