MAF charges

Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

mildred1066 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MAF charges

Hi
we have arrived back in NZ from the uk and awaiting our shipping, which has had an ETA four times now, fingers cross for next thursday.

what i am trying to find out is the cost of MAF for inspecting our container, we also have a motor bike in the container.

NZvan lines are wanting to charge us nearly $600 which i think is a total rip off.

could anyone please advise

Thank

Mildred
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: MAF charges

We paid $599 to Grace for Maf charges on a 40ft container, and yes we felt ripped off, especially as we had to pay this BEFORE Maf had actually looked at anything. I did ask to pay MAF directly only to be told that this wasnt done!! We were also told it was because we had 51 boxes to be inspected, but when we took delivery of our stuff only the garden tools, furniture and some of hubby's tools had been open. The boxes with 'fishing gear' and wellies and walking boots hadnt been touched!!
Trouble is they have you by the b******s you dont pay and they keep your container, and as we found it's stressful enough when you land without this to stress you out. Goodluck!!

Originally Posted by mildred1066
Hi
we have arrived back in NZ from the uk and awaiting our shipping, which has had an ETA four times now, fingers cross for next thursday.

what i am trying to find out is the cost of MAF for inspecting our container, we also have a motor bike in the container.

NZvan lines are wanting to charge us nearly $600 which i think is a total rip off.

could anyone please advise

Thank

Mildred
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:06 am
Just Joined

mildred1066 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alchris
We paid $599 to Grace for Maf charges on a 40ft container, and yes we felt ripped off, especially as we had to pay this BEFORE Maf had actually looked at anything. I did ask to pay MAF directly only to be told that this wasnt done!! We were also told it was because we had 51 boxes to be inspected, but when we took delivery of our stuff only the garden tools, furniture and some of hubby's tools had been open. The boxes with 'fishing gear' and wellies and walking boots hadnt been touched!!
Trouble is they have you by the b******s you dont pay and they keep your container, and as we found it's stressful enough when you land without this to stress you out. Goodluck!!
Hi thank you
that is so how we feel, trouble is our shipping has been delayed by three weeks, with no reason as to why...
so when we get it, we'll pay it, as just want to move into our house.
will request a invoice from MAF but wont hold my breath.
Thank you
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:55 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

I paid $250 for a 20 footer. MAF already had a list of which items they wanted to examine before they arrived. Mainly garden furniture and anything that was marked 'tools' or 'garage'.

If you're unsure of the costs quoted, ring MAF direct and quote your container number and reference, to see what the costs should be......oh and MAF inspected at my house, the day after the container had been delivered. I simply left the inspection stuff in a different room, untouched.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sirplug
I paid $250 for a 20 footer. MAF already had a list of which items they wanted to examine before they arrived. Mainly garden furniture and anything that was marked 'tools' or 'garage'.

If you're unsure of the costs quoted, ring MAF direct and quote your container number and reference, to see what the costs should be......oh and MAF inspected at my house, the day after the container had been delivered. I simply left the inspection stuff in a different room, untouched.
Great post.

I paid $375 up front for something similar and then kicked up a fuss. I got a full refund and paid nothing in the end for MAF fees as the container wasn't even opened for inspection.