made it!!!

Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

hippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the rough
Default made it!!!

well, in november I got my residency - we flew out 2 weeks later.....
my feet have JUST touched the ground, and this is the first chance I get to tell the world (well, anyone bored enough to read this!!).
the move left my head spinning - I will comment on john mason removal at a later time! but let me say it was the start of an awful couple of days... they underestimated the container, and we had to share another - the price of which was given to us as we were at the airport about to fly.. the taxi booked well in advance to take us arrived late, and was too small to fit us, and our baggage - so had to be replaced by a bigger one - making us late! my 17yr old son refused to get on the plane, because we were taking him away from his girlfriend (and oh boy, did he hate me for it), we arrived in Auckland to our house - to be locked out - after a lovely long flight, and in blistering heat (with no sun screen) and warm winter clothes - it was snowing when we left the uk.
but hey ho! it has all been up from there - I am in the country of my dreams, we are all working (well, me, hubby and 2 elder sons - the 2 smaller ones are in school) and when i ring my family and friends, the story of life in UK seems even more depressing by the day.. we are really lucky and I can tell you with my hand on my heart that I am starting to live the dream... although celebrating xmas in blistering heat on the beach??? what was THAT about? ha ha - we will re-celebrate in the winter, jingle bells in sunshine and swimwear did not feel right - ha ha.
to all those that are where i was 6 months ago - DON'T GIVE UP.. you have one shot at life, and if you were meant to spend it in New Zealand - you will do!!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

lyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nice
Default Re: made it!!!

Hi Hippychic,

Sounds like you had quite a start to your new life!!! Great to hear that it is all turning out as you had dreamed. Glad to hear you managed to get your 17 year old son out there with you, we can't even get our 17 year old son to contemplate the move!!!

We wish you all the best with your new lives and hope that it becomes the best decision you have made.

Regards

Lynda & Chris
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hippychic23
my feet have JUST touched the ground, and this is the first chance I get to tell the world (well, anyone bored enough to read this!!).
the move left my head spinning - I will comment on john mason removal at a later time! but let me say it was the start of an awful couple of days... they underestimated the container, and we had to share another - the price of which was given to us as we were at the airport about to fly.. the taxi booked well in advance to take us arrived late, and was too small to fit us, and our baggage - so had to be replaced by a bigger one - making us late! my 17yr old son refused to get on the plane, because we were taking him away from his girlfriend (and oh boy, did he hate me for it), we arrived in Auckland to our house - to be locked out - after a lovely long flight, and in blistering heat (with no sun screen) and warm winter clothes - it was snowing when we left the uk.
but hey ho! it has all been up from there - I am in the country of my dreams, we are all working (well, me, hubby and 2 elder sons - the 2 smaller ones are in school) and when i ring my family and friends, the story of life in UK seems even more depressing by the day.. we are really lucky and I can tell you with my hand on my heart that I am starting to live the dream... although celebrating xmas in blistering heat on the beach??? what was THAT about? ha ha - we will re-celebrate in the winter, jingle bells in sunshine and swimwear did not feel right - ha ha.
to all those that are where i was 6 months ago - DON'T GIVE UP.. you have one shot at life, and if you were meant to spend it in New Zealand - you will do!!
Hi, where abouts on north shore are you.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz1
Hi, where abouts on north shore are you.
Hi,
We are moving to Albany, arriving on the 25th Feb, how long have you lived there?
Karen
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi,
We are moving to Albany, arriving on the 25th Feb, how long have you lived there?
Karen
Hi, we've been in NZ for 2 years now. Moved to Christchurch in Jan 07 then moved to Auckland last April (Greenhithe), moved to Albany Sept last year. Have you got a house sorted in Albany, we live in the Oaks just off Schnapper Rock.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz1
Hi, we've been in NZ for 2 years now. Moved to Christchurch in Jan 07 then moved to Auckland last April (Greenhithe), moved to Albany Sept last year. Have you got a house sorted in Albany, we live in the Oaks just off Schnapper Rock.

Hi sent a PM

Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hippychic23
Thank you so much!
Can't say anymore-
tearful!