Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mackers26 - Carpenter going to ChCh says hi.

Mackers26 - Carpenter going to ChCh says hi.

Old Mar 12th 2013, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

mackers26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mackers26 - Carpenter going to ChCh says hi.

Hi, just joined today. I'am a carpenter & we are in the process of moving to Christchurch. I was told yesterday i should have a job offer this week. We have 2 young boys & are interested to hear from anyone that has made the move recently & can give us any advice on were to live, best place to raise a family, convenient to transport etc.

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Larryloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Christchurch thread

Originally Posted by mackers26
Hi, just joined today. I'am a carpenter & we are in the process of moving to Christchurch. I was told yesterday i should have a job offer this week. We have 2 young boys & are interested to hear from anyone that has made the move recently & can give us any advice on were to live, best place to raise a family, convenient to transport etc.

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Hi

Welcome to the site. We are in the process of form filling following a job offer for my husband. We have three sons aged 10, 9 and 5. From the research we've done so far, we're looking west and south of the city. We've been told to try and avoid the east and north of the city as this area was badly damaged. As well as this it's suggested that you rent for a while before you buy but be aware that rental prices are currently inflated due to the high demand. Not only high prices but poor quality rentals too, just what I've heard. Usual places to search for property both for sale and rental is trademe.co.nz and realestate.co.nz.

Hope it all goes well, would be interested to hear how you get on.

Larryloo.