Luggage limits

Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Luggage limits

I hear that their are some airlines that allow you greater luggage limits than 20kg per person and you do not have to pay for excess luggage.

Can anyone tell me which companies they are? Plus what the limit is? I know Jamaican Airlines allow 32 Kg per person, but that is not very helpful as they do not fly to NZ
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Luggage limits

Originally Posted by nero View Post
I hear that their are some airlines that allow you greater luggage limits than 20kg per person and you do not have to pay for excess luggage.

Can anyone tell me which companies they are? Plus what the limit is? I know Jamaican Airlines allow 32 Kg per person, but that is not very helpful as they do not fly to NZ
A year ago it was:
Travel via the US and get a large amount of luggage = 32 kg
Travel via Asia and get less = 23 kg.

The rules might have changed, this is a good question for a travel agent, they should be able to advise on the current rules.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Agree with Apple12 - think it depends on the route you fly, rather than the airline (but I could be wrong!!). We flew via LA with Air NewZealand to get the bigger luggage allowance.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:40 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nero View Post

Hi
We've just got this info from Air New Zealand - 2 suitcases of 23kg each per person (so total 46kg per person) if travelling London - Los Angeles - NZ route.

1 suitcase of 20kg per person if flying London - Hong Kong - NZ route.

Then you have hand luggage on top of 7kg.

Hope this helps.

Mandie xx
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:01 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Due to the difference in ticket costs going the LA route, we have gone for "unnacompanied baggage."
We flew 110kg of tools and clothing, and the cost was a tidy £480, it would have been closer to £1500 for excess baggage charges.
This only worked for us though as I stamped my feet and insisted on Premium Economy for the migration flight.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:30 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve View Post
Due to the difference in ticket costs going the LA route, we have gone for "unnacompanied baggage."
We flew 110kg of tools and clothing, and the cost was a tidy £480, it would have been closer to £1500 for excess baggage charges.
This only worked for us though as I stamped my feet and insisted on Premium Economy for the migration flight.
We were going to go Air NZ again when we emigrate as this gives us 184kg in total for us & 2 kids without our hand luggage allowance with no excess charges and flights come to £1,600 for the 4 of us. Who did you fly with?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:33 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Air NZ.
Once we knew our dates, didn't want to risk missing out on the legroom with a last minute booking. They were just so much cheaper than any other airline for a one way, in advance, ticket.