Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Lower & Upper Hutt

Lower & Upper Hutt

Old May 14th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Default Lower & Upper Hutt

Hi All,
I was wondering if any of you could help I should be coming out to work in Lower Hutt,and need some advice on were the best places are to get rented accomadation and cheap motors.
I hope to be out in June time, also what you lot get up to.

My hobbies are car restoration, fishing,military vehicles.

regards
Old May 14th 2007, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice
Default Re: Lower & Upper Hutt

hi
where abouts in northumberland are you ? we live in cramlington??

regards

kirstie
Old May 14th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

Hi Kirstie,
We live near Alnwick not far from the coast, near RAF Boulmer.

regards

Stan
Old May 14th 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rockape
Hi All,
I was wondering if any of you could help I should be coming out to work in Lower Hutt,and need some advice on were the best places are to get rented accomadation and cheap motors.
I hope to be out in June time, also what you lot get up to.

My hobbies are car restoration, fishing,military vehicles.

regards
Hey Stan

Where is Lower Hutt and why there?
Old May 14th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jads,
Because thats were the job is and its a foot in the door.
Prefer Whangarei but no jobs there.

regards
Stan
Old May 14th 2007, 5:35 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

from what i recall lower hutt has everything - like a mini birmingham. saw loads car places and rentals so you should have plenty choice. hopefully someone here can do recommendations
Old May 15th 2007, 5:23 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

We live in Upper Hutt its @ 16 kms north of Lower Hutt.a lot quieter but still has plenty of shops for all your needs.Cars are cheap here I run a toyota land cruiser 3 litre diesel cheap to run and insurance is only $350 a year (not compulsery here) ,fishing is my main hobby here (after drinking ) although I dont fly fish here yet on the River Hutt that will come next year as I need to restock on gear,I just do sea fishing for the time being.
Car restoration here is big and there are lots of old Brit cars ,also Yank ones and a lot of the early Holdens still running around looking as good as the day they left the factory.As far as renting homes goes look in the trade me website
www.trademe .co.nz .
The Hutt Valley is close to Wellington and has plenty to do in your time off work,I was on a company eve last fri indoor karting what a laff then onto Petone to The Establishment sports bar for beer and pizzas after ,just one example of things to do ,if you like the nightlife then Wellington and Courtney Place till the very small hrs of the morning is for you .Its a great area to live in ,we are glad we moved here and we did travel the whole of the North Island b4 deciding on here . Whangerei is nice but too hot/sticky for us we prefer the climate this end of the island ,it gets warm here also but not as humid.Pm me for any more info if you wish .