Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Low ozone this weekend

Low ozone this weekend

Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:06 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Low ozone this weekend

I think no ozone means very harmful rays getting through, the ones that cause skin cancer and early aging.
I turn a lovely deep brown in the summer but I do not want to get the horrible wrinkles that the young kiwi women get over here.
Sun damage is bad and you need to cover up big time under the NZ sun.
I just had to take my 6yr old to the drs as I found a huge brown mole on his scalp that is crusty and bumpy, the dr reassured me that little childrens bodies can't make melanoma so it won't be anything to worry about right now but because of his skin colouring (he takes after his dad) he is unfortunately on the wrong side of the planet and the mole needs removing before puberty.
He said that the majority of melanomas he comes across and removes are on the smalls of folks backs.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Low ozone this weekend

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Hope your sister is ok. You'll have a lovely time - last year at that time it was beautiful - my mum and dad were over and left with a nice tan.

We wake up most mornings thinking " gosh we're so lucky!"
My parents were here last year and they were so unlucky, we took them to Russell for a long weekend, it was lovely on the saturday but sunday it clouded over and was a bit chilly, then it started raining at 4pm and didn't stop for about 24 hours! Then we took them to Coromandel for another weekend and the same thing happened! We only left the hotel room for about 20 minutes to have a quick walk on the beach. We stayed in whitianga which is stunning but it was so misty they couldn't see the wonderful views.

I have a guy in his late 60's that works part time for me and he has had several melanomas removed from his head and hands. He has ordered me to wear a hat and sun block at all times!