British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Low ozone this weekend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/low-ozone-weekend-397965/)

SarahB Sep 22nd 2006 10:22 am

Low ozone this weekend

Saw on the news tonight that we all have to be careful outside this weekend as the ozone over NZ could be the lowest since records began.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411319/834498

Have fun!! :)

mumomonty Sep 22nd 2006 10:31 am

Re: Low ozone this weekend

Originally Posted by SarahB
Saw on the news tonight that we all have to be careful outside this weekend as the ozone over NZ could be the lowest since records began.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411319/834498

Have fun!! :)

So we just Slip Slop Slap then?

SarahB Sep 22nd 2006 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mumomonty
So we just Slip Slop Slap then?

Thats what he said on the news... yep!

Batty Sep 22nd 2006 12:16 pm

Thanks Sarah. I didn't see the news tonight and with hubby in the great outdoors at work all the time, this is useful to know.

jueinnz Sep 24th 2006 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Batty
Thanks Sarah. I didn't see the news tonight and with hubby in the great outdoors at work all the time, this is useful to know.

So was it low? We were out side all afternoon painting the fence (SUNDAY) and you could feel the heat behind the sun at some stages but didn't last for more than a few minutes...) I was semi sensible and discovered some factor 5 (left over from hols in europe days) and sprayed a bit of that. Would be interesting to know...did anyone get burnt?

Batty Sep 24th 2006 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by jueinnz
So was it low? We were out side all afternoon painting the fence (SUNDAY) and you could feel the heat behind the sun at some stages but didn't last for more than a few minutes...) I was semi sensible and discovered some factor 5 (left over from hols in europe days) and sprayed a bit of that. Would be interesting to know...did anyone get burnt?

Yes :o I did. I can't believe it. I kept putting on the sunblock but still got some on my chest. It's not sore so not too bad but definitely quite red :eek:

jueinnz Sep 24th 2006 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Batty
Yes :o I did. I can't believe it. I kept putting on the sunblock but still got some on my chest. It's not sore so not too bad but definitely quite red :eek:

ooch!!!!!!! :( But at least summer is on its way :)

SarahB Sep 24th 2006 8:25 pm

I didnt go out in it.... my 2 year old seemed under the weather and today its obvious that he has conjunctivitis in both eyes so he cant go to pre-school this morning. I had planned to go out riding whilst he was there but now I have to take him to the doctors instead.... oh well.... kids come first eh! :)

But the weather is simply gorgeous here..... getting all my washing done so it can hang out and dry then if littlun is up to it we'll go and feed horse some carrots and maybe pop down to the beach for a dig in the sand.

spackster Sep 24th 2006 8:33 pm

I didnt go out in it.... my 2 year old seemed under the weather and today its obvious that he has conjunctivitis in both eyes so he cant go to pre-school this morning. I had planned to go out riding whilst he was there but now I have to take him to the doctors instead.... oh well.... kids come first eh! :)

But the weather is simply gorgeous here..... getting all my washing done so it can hang out and dry then if littlun is up to it we'll go and feed horse some carrots and maybe pop down to the beach for a dig in the sand.

No low ozone here, but very warm for the end of September. We found that when we were in NZ during the summer, that Adie's Psoriasis cleared up due to low ozone down there. Good for some, bad for others!

Am Loolah Sep 24th 2006 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by spackster
No low ozone here, but very warm for the end of September. We found that when we were in NZ during the summer, that Adie's Psoriasis cleared up due to low ozone down there. Good for some, bad for others!

Poured with rain here - for a change - NOT!!! Even if there was low ozone we wouldn't know for the thick grey smudge of cloud! Oh deep joy!

cottageinthesky Sep 24th 2006 8:39 pm

Despite a weather forecast promising "fine" weather, Wellington had low cloud and drizzle most of the day - this morning, the airport is closed due to fog - my OH was supposed to be on the early morning flight to Auckland - it's actually got worse over the last half hour - the whole of the harbour and the city have disappeared - so he will probably have to dig in to the Koru Club buffet!

spackster Sep 24th 2006 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Poured with rain here - for a change - NOT!!! Even if there was low ozone we wouldn't know for the thick grey smudge of cloud! Oh deep joy!

And there's you meant to be the Cornish Med!!!!!

Am Loolah Sep 24th 2006 8:48 pm

And there's you meant to be the Cornish Med!!!!!

They lied in the brochure! Cornwall, the mildest climate in the UK. My a@*e! Mildest perhaps (not where we live) neglected to say wettest! From the first month we lived here, my hubby counted (sad but true) that it rained every day for 102 days! We moved in August!!

spackster Sep 24th 2006 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
They lied in the brochure! Cornwall, the mildest climate in the UK. My a@*e! Mildest perhaps (not where we live) neglected to say wettest! From the first month we lived here, my hubby counted (sad but true) that it rained every day for 102 days! We moved in August!!

My mum and dad visit Cornwall every year, but after this years wash out i don't think they'll be back next year.

lardyl Sep 24th 2006 10:55 pm

My mum and dad visit Cornwall every year, but after this years wash out i don't think they'll be back next year.

nice weather up in Coventry today - something of an Indian Summer for us Brits......
maybe the sun is setting our UK lives too as I've resigned, the missus had a long conference call with a potential employer in Henderson/Rodney this pm and my application is in with my chosen employer in NW Auckland....
<crosses fingers> we are both :scared: and kinda :D
all in the lap of the gods now....... time 4 :beer: